From The Cellar #10

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How did you make your Tarawa extension map? How big was the finished product?

I was going to just take it to a local copy place….

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
It is about 20 inches long. The hexes need to be 1 inch in size. I took my file to a printer shop and asked them to print the hexes at 1 inch in size and they were okay with that.

MajorDad

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is about 20 inches long. The hexes need to be 1 inch in size. I took my file to a printer shop and asked them to print the hexes at 1 inch in size and they were okay with that.
As one of the designers, that is exactly what I did. Downloaded the file to a thumb drive and took it to an office store and had them print it. Worked great. Hope you enjoy the scenarios as much as we did designing them.

S/F
Keith

jyoung

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
As one of the designers, that is exactly what I did. Downloaded the file to a thumb drive and took it to an office store and had them print it. Worked great. Hope you enjoy the scenarios as much as we did designing them.
S/F
Keith
Thanks Keith, my FTC10 arrived last week and I'm looking forward to playing the Tarawa scenarios as a way of getting familiar with the terrain for the big one (BRT CG... well, one day). Do you know if LFT will be putting out a VASL version of this (and the Fox Hill) map?

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got mine yesterday. It's magnificent as always! A question on the scenario numbering: I was expecting these to pick up where FTC9 left off, with the last scenario in FTC9 being FT273 and the first scenario in FTC10 being FT274. But the FTC10 scenarios start with 294. Was just wondering if the numbering is a mistake or if there is some other as-yet-unreleased product that will fill the gap?

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got mine yesterday. It's magnificent as always! A question on the scenario numbering: I was expecting these to pick up where FTC9 left off, with the last scenario in FTC9 being FT273 and the first scenario in FTC10 being FT274. But the FTC10 scenarios start with 294. Was just wondering if the numbering is a mistake or if there is some other as-yet-unreleased product that will fill the gap?
I believe LFT numbers their scenarios in the order of release across their products. I would have to look at their catalog to see where the "missing" scenarios reside.

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe LFT numbers their scenarios in the order of release across their products. I would have to look at their catalog to see where the "missing" scenarios reside.
Oh, thanks, but I think you misunderstand the question. There is no currently released LFT product that contains scenarios numbered 274-293. I was actually just hoping someone from LFT might be able to say whether there is some still-to-be-released product that will fill the gap, or whether the FTC 10 scenario numbering is in error.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Paul,

The "missing" scenarios will be released in the LFT15 magazine. The LFT15 scenarios were laid out (and so numbered) first but not playtested, when the FTC10 scenarios were submitted already playtested and so close to release.

Last edited:

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul,

The "missing" scenarios will be released in the LFT15 magazine. The LFT15 scenarios were laid out (and so numbered) first but not playtested, when the FTC10 scenarios were submitted already playtested and so close to release.
Great, thank you for clearing that up!

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul,

Yet, no one has asked what LFT15 will be out or what the theme might be. Or is one of the projects mentioned in FTC 10?

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
LFT15 = Arid Terrain with 8 new Arid/Desert maps including hills and desert viliages.
Scenarios from 1918 to 1943
Covers several nationalities and geographical locations from the USA - North Africa - Crete - China - etc.
Infantry - Armor - Guns!

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LFT15 = Arid Terrain with 8 new Arid/Desert maps including hills and desert viliages.
Scenarios from 1918 to 1943
Covers several nationalities and geographical locations from the USA - North Africa - Crete - China - etc.
Infantry - Armor - Guns!
Sold already

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
No, LFT15 is not being purposely delayed for Hollow Legions.
This is what can happen when there are multiple, high density products being worked on at one time.
One ended before the other.
Plus some playtesters are taking a break
There is one other project that may appear prior to LFT15.

IF there are any who want to assist in scenario testing I can provide VASL Maps and scenarios.
Contact either myself or Xavier at LFT.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
No, LFT15 is not being purposely delayed for Hollow Legions.
This is what can happen when there are multiple, high density products being worked on at one time.
One ended before the other.
Plus some playtesters are taking a break
There is one other project that may appear prior to LFT15.

IF there are any who want to assist in scenario testing I can provide VASL Maps and scenarios.
Contact either myself or Xavier at LFT.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
The maps are really beautiful and very interesting.