From BARK YOU DOGS questions

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK I THINK we did these right but I will still ask

OK ALL 3 levels of the victory bldg are fortified. Germans occupy GROUND level but the Soviets have the cellar and the 1st level. Are the Russians now encircled? We said yes

AND...can the Germans throw a DC into the CELLAR location? This was before the Germans occupied the ground level. It's obvious that they can when they own the Ground level.

IT's a tough little scenario for both sides. Curtis Brooks of Eau Claire WI and I played this one twice once as each side and in each playing the Soviets got a sound thrashing.

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LET me add one more. SO the Germans occupy GROUND LEVEL of the VC bldg. Broken Russian MMCs both in Cellar and 1st level of this hex. DO they die for failure to rout? We said YES

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Assuming that this is a 1 hex building, then yes all the Russians are encircled, and all the broken ones will surrender or die for failure to rout.
The DC can't be Thrown in to the cellar from an adjacent hex since the locations are not ADJACENT.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Assuming that this is a 1 hex building, then yes all the Russians are encircled, and all the broken ones will surrender or die for failure to rout.
The DC can't be Thrown in to the cellar from an adjacent hex since the locations are not ADJACENT.
The Russian units in the Cellar would not be encircled (unless done so by fire), there is no such thing as lower level encirclement, just upper level encirclement. (Sounds counter-intuitive to me too, but we've had that conversation before here on GS & I believe answered by a Q&A).