Frolik 2

kbluck

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Having busied myself with ATF for some time, I decided to enjoy
a little variety and try out TacOps. I downloaded the demo and
ran through the basic training a few times to get the feel of
the game. Then I decided to try the sample scenario Frolik 2.

[Edited by Warfare HQ staff]
The AAR has been moved here: http://www.warfarehq.com/after_action_reports/aar.shtml

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Below is the scenario description for Task Force Frolik 2.

= = = = = = =

Task Force Frolik 2

SITUATION:

Map 001.

Scenario time limit 120 minutes.

Note: This scenario is presented as a series of eight variants. The US force is the same in each variant, however OPFOR has a different map entry schedule or march order in each variant. The less extended the OPFOR march order, the more difficult the US mission will be. The OPFOR regiment is mounted in BTR infantry fighting vehicles in the first four variants, while BMPs are used in the last four. Thus variant 4 is more difficult for the US player than variant 1 and variant 8 is far more difficult.

US - USMC rifle battalion (+) is defending in the central part of the map. A tank company and a rifle company (mech) (+) is moving to reinforce the defense, and is expected to cross the west edge of the map at about 0730.

OPFOR - A motorized rifle regiment (BTR) is located just off the eastern edge of map and is moving West. OPFOR is deployed with one battalion forward and two battalions back. Regimental reconnaissance elements are expected to cross the Eastern edge of the map at about 0700. Lead elements of the 1st Motorized Rifle Battalion should cross the eastern edge of the map around 0708. The 2nd and 3rd Motorized Rifle Battalions are traveling about 30 minutes behind the 1st.

MISSIONS:

US - Delay OPFOR advance. Prevent exit of at least 80 percent of the enemy force across western edge of the map.

OPFOR - Penetrate US forward defense. Exit at least 20 percent of original force across western edge of the map.

ORDER OF BATTLE:

US

Rifle Battalion (+)
Tank Company Rifle
Company (Mech)(+)

OPFOR

Motorized Rifle Regiment (BTR)

OFF MAP ARTILLERY AND AIR SUPPORT:

US

3x155mm Howitzer [Battery]
4xF18 2xAV8 Fair chance of additional artillery and air support.

OPFOR

2x152mm Howitzer [Battery]
1xMRL Battalion
2xMIG27 Slight chance of additional artillery and air support.

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
> I downloaded the demo and
> ran through the basic training a few times to get the feel of
> the game. Then I decided to try the sample scenario Frolik 2.

Now try Gallagher 6 (also included in the demo). The bad guys there are in BMPs. :)

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
oh and swap out your Brads for Strykers :D

gives a new defintion to phrase "shoot'n'scoot" ;)

edit: not sure whether Gallagher is US Army or USMC scn, but swap out your APCs for LAVs and have some fun :)

Last edited: