FRIENDLY DFF on two S?

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
If > 1 S? exists when fired upon by FRIENDLY units, is each S? activated (assuming so) and MC's all around...or activate both S? and then do MCs?

For example...
In the FRIENDLY PFPh a few units fire at two S? that are in the same woods location. A resulting roll (halved for Area Fire) results in a 1MC. Assume the two S? activate such:
#1 S? --> 8-1, 4-4-7
#2 S? --> 9-1, 4-4-7

Now, if we activate both S? first, then roll MCs, the 9-1 goes first, passes, then the 8-1 can use the 9-1 help and have a 1MC with -1 DRM.

However, if we activate each S? one at a time, the 8-1 gets no leadership help because the 9-1 hasn't activated yet.

Conversely, if we activated #2 first, then the 9-1 would roll 1MC, survives. Then the second (#1) S? activates with an 8-1 who can then use the 9-1 support.

So...the question is, with > 1 S? in the same Location, are all S? activated prior to attack resolution? I'm having a hard time finding such in the rules. It seems logical to me that all S? would activate (or at least have a chance to) first before applying attack resolution.

Eh?
Thanks!

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
NRBH but that is how I play it,all S? in a Location Activate then apply attack resolution.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
S5.2 [EXC: if ≥ two S? in the same Location are eligible for Activation each is rolled for Activation separately; however, for FG potential (8.5), all such are Activated before another fires]/

This rule indicates you activate the S before resolving effects. This also makes sense because basically S? are treated like concealment counters. You have to reveal all concealment counters to see what is in there, before you can resolve an attack! The same would apply to S?.