Friendly Command & control question

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi,

looking at S16.2 a friendly unit has to take a CMD DR when it wants to undertake it's first activity outside the RPh/Rtph.

I have a 9-1 leader and a 6-4-8 British squad (friendly side) who have been fired on by a German (Enemy Side) unit resulting in a NMC against the friendly units.

The question is does taking a MC count as an activity and thus the units have to take a CMD DR first before the MC's?.

If not then if the leader passes his MC does applying his modifier to help the MMC's MC count as an activity that needs a CMD DR before the MMC's MC is taken?

I assume that if a CMD DR is required the leader checks first and if n CMD the unit does not need to take a CMD DR

Regards

Simon

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good question! I couldn't find an answer, but I don't think taking a TC/MC is an action. Even if it is, and the leader or squad Panics, S6.211-.213 apply. S6.211 says all the penalties of being TI apply (A4.8). A4.8 says "A TI unit may not move, advance, fire, or perform other labor tasks anytime during its Player Turn." It doesn't say it can't provide or receive Leadership DRM. In fact, you must be able to still apply Leadership. For example, if a squad and a leader attempt to clear Wire (B24.73) they are marked TI in the MPh/DFPh but don't roll for clearance until the end of the CCPh before the TI counter is removed (ASOP), yet leadership applies as a DRM. So a panicked leader still provides leadership for the MC in its Location, and a panicked MMC can receive leadership.

However, I see the difficulty. If the leader can make its CMD DR before taking the MC, it could put other units in Command, which would stay in Command if the leader breaks. But if the leader can't make its CMD DR before the MC, it might break without the chance to make its CMD DR.

As I wrote, I think taking a TC/MC is not an "action" for S16.3 purposes since whether the unit panics or not does not affect what it must do, take the TC/MC. I think, since Panic is like TI, "actions" are things that would be prevented by TI, so no CMD DR is allowed or required before taking a TC/MC in my opinion.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have not played that taking a TC/MC is an "action." But that doesn't mean I'm not wrong.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

looking at S16.2 a friendly unit has to take a CMD DR when it wants to undertake it's first activity outside the RPh/Rtph.

I have a 9-1 leader and a 6-4-8 British squad (friendly side) who have been fired on by a German (Enemy Side) unit resulting in a NMC against the friendly units.

The question is does taking a MC count as an activity and thus the units have to take a CMD DR first before the MC's?.

If not then if the leader passes his MC does applying his modifier to help the MMC's MC count as an activity that needs a CMD DR before the MMC's MC is taken?

I assume that if a CMD DR is required the leader checks first and if n CMD the unit does not need to take a CMD DR

Regards

Simon
Taking everything @ScottRomanowski said into consideration, I think it would just be common sense not to consider a MC as an activity. Not that ASL is ruled by common sense, but still...

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Like the others I would not think taking an MC would count as taking an action.