Friendly command control during ENEMY turn

mcgallons

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hello,
I'm new to SASL system so I Need a clarification because I'm not dire I'm playing correct my friendly units during ENEMY turn.

During ENEMY turn do I Need to check command control for my units in order, for example, to Fire in defensive Fire?

And same situation for ENEMY units that are activated during friendly turn and must Fire in defensive Fire, are them ready or Need to check for panic?

Thanks

GerryM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My understanding ...

"And same situation for ENEMY units that are activated during friendly turn and must Fire in defensive Fire, are them ready or Need to check for panic?"
Not always, see 5.3 Mandatory ENEMY Attack Panic is not possible for these just activated units (I assume these ENEMY units just activated by your moving units). Previously activated units have to check for Panic I think.

Someone else will answer the other question I assume.

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
First, In-Command checks are only for FRIENDLY units. Second, and In-Commmand check is required for each FRIENDLY unit before he attempts an action that Player Turn-be it Prep Fire, Def Fire, Adv Fire, Advance, etc.

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
As Kijug posted, only FRIENDLY units roll for In Command.

Enemy units are handled differently.

When first activated (S? becomes an ENEMY unit) there is no chance for the unit to panic (no roll) - it doesn't matter what phase or which side's turn it activates.

During the ENEMY turn, each activated unit rolls for an action during the Prep Fire Phase. If you roll doubles there is a chance for PANIC, based on the units experience. Conscript - any doubles, 2nd line - 4 and up, 1st line - 6 and up, elite - 10 and up.

During the FRIENDLY turn, for an ENEMY unit already on board we roll the dice just to see if they PANIC (only on doubles) before they fire (DFF and DFP).