Free French vehicles/ordnance

Pacman Ghost

Reaction score
A maze of twisty little passages, all alike
Country
llAustralia
I'm adding the Free French vehicles/ordnance to the vasl-templates program, and I wanted to make sure my understanding of how they work is correct.

The Rarity Factor Charts in Chapter H appear to be the definitive source of what vehicles and ordnance are available for the Free French, and I've taken this to mean that only those vehicles/ordnance are available (i.e. not the normal French vehicles/ordnance plus what's in those rarity charts).

And AFAICT, the Vichy French use the normal French vehicles/ordnance (A25.5) (although the rarity charts suggest a subset thereof).

Is this correct? I went through the Provence Pack and found a scenario (PP 10) where the Free French had both a Lend-Lease vehicle and a normal French one, but the normal French one was just a Peugeot truck, so I think it was something they found lying around, rather than something that suggests that the Free French had general access to the normal French vehicles/ordnance :)

Also, I can't find Chapter H data for a few vehicles i.e. this stuff:

If some kind soul could please PM me the information for the following vehicles, it would be much appreciated...
  • M3A3 LT
  • M5(MMG) ht
  • M21 MC ht
  • M4A1 MC ht

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm adding the Free French vehicles/ordnance to the vasl-templates program, and I wanted to make sure my understanding of how they work is correct.

The Rarity Factor Charts in Chapter H appear to be the definitive source of what vehicles and ordnance are available for the Free French, and I've taken this to mean that only those vehicles/ordnance are available (i.e. not the normal French vehicles/ordnance plus what's in those rarity charts).

And AFAICT, the Vichy French use the normal French vehicles/ordnance (A25.5) (although the rarity charts suggest a subset thereof).

Is this correct? I went through the Provence Pack and found a scenario (PP 10) where the Free French had both a Lend-Lease vehicle and a normal French one, but the normal French one was just a Peugeot truck, so I think it was something they found lying around, rather than something that suggests that the Free French had general access to the normal French vehicles/ordnance :)

Also, I can't find Chapter H data for a few vehicles i.e. this stuff:
View attachment 7673View attachment 7674

If some kind soul could please PM me the information for the following vehicles, it would be much appreciated...
  • M3A3 LT
  • M5(MMG) ht
  • M21 MC ht
  • M4A1 MC ht
For the following:
  • M3A3 LT French Note 37, listing on pg H120; Also Axis Minor Note 20, Listing on pg H133 (Yugoslavian).
  • M5 (Series) ht, M21 MC ht & M4A1 MC ht French Note 47, Listing on pg H120.