Free Beer for Dale Countdown...

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just over three weeks left and it's looking very likely that Elvis will be buying beer for Dale.

That leads us to the key question: will Dale share his beer with his Game Squad buddies?

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sure thing - y'all just have to come to Minnesota for it. :)

-dale
Good luck collecting. He's got a bad case of peer groupitis. Like Chilliwack sez:

Elvis has been gone gone gone for so long so long, he's been gone gone gone for so long...

Cheers!

Leto

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
[hirr]Leto;1285561 said:
Good luck collecting. He's got a bad case of peer groupitis. Like Chilliwack sez:

Elvis has been gone gone gone for so long so long, he's been gone gone gone for so long...

Cheers!

Leto
Elvis hasn't gone for good. He's just taking a time out I expect. I'm sure he'll honour the beer when the time comes.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Throw in a pan fried perch dinner and I'll give it very serious consideration.
In a couple of months I'm going to be up at my buddy's cabin at Lake of the Woods. I don't eat fish but he's sworn that he WILL get me to eat fresh Northern, assuming I can catch one.

Fish is yucky, but there's no harm in trying it again, right?

-dale

Patrocles

Reaction score
Just over three weeks left and it's looking very likely that Elvis will be buying beer for Dale.

That leads us to the key question: will Dale share his beer with his Game Squad buddies?
huh? what is going on?

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
huh? what is going on?
Oh, a year or so ago I looked at all the evidence available and declared that I don't think that BFC will release a Normandy game. Some folks freaked out and said I was crazy, and when the topic came up again after one of Steve's "definitely this year" comments I repeated my position and Elvis challenged me to put my money where my mouth is. We arrived at June 2010 as the date and agreed on beer as the bet. So, if there is a WWII game available by 6/30/2010 I owe Elvis a case of beer, and if not, he owes me a case of beer. Since it's 6/8/2010 and they still haven't even released a title, I'd say we're still at least 3 months out if I'm wrong, probably 6.

Personally I think my position is weaker than it was a year ago but still possible. I'm not getting much of a "we're in it for the long haul" vibe from what little info we get out of BFC.

-dale

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Oh, a year or so ago I looked at all the evidence available and declared that I don't think that BFC will release a Normandy game. Some folks freaked out and said I was crazy, and when the topic came up again after one of Steve's "definitely this year" comments I repeated my position and Elvis challenged me to put my money where my mouth is. We arrived at June 2010 as the date and agreed on beer as the bet. So, if there is a WWII game available by 6/30/2010 I owe Elvis a case of beer, and if not, he owes me a case of beer. Since it's 6/8/2010 and they still haven't even released a title, I'd say we're still at least 3 months out if I'm wrong, probably 6.

Personally I think my position is weaker than it was a year ago but still possible. I'm not getting much of a "we're in it for the long haul" vibe from what little info we get out of BFC.

-dale
Nevertheless, I would like to make the hypothesis that we are all adults here and that on any given day, we could all sit around the table to enjoy a beer and fried perch (yum), notwithstanding any differences we have. I have never been anywhere near taking any of our discussions serious, as to the point that it would make me actually become a hater (although some dude named Paper Tiger at BFC probably hates me, and for that fact a few others). It's been tongue in cheek funning around, some very good debate and at times a friendly agreement to disagree philosophically on some fundamental ideas.

I find it absolutely silly that anyone, for any reason, could not sit around that table.

I must provide a predicate perspective that I do hope that this is the worldview that any of us may take, but am very saddened by the fact that it is at all possible that dale might be drinking his virtual beer by himself.

Cheers!

Leto

Last edited:

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[hirr]Leto;1285807 said:
Nevertheless, I would like to make they hypothesis that we are all adults here and that on any given day, we could all sit around the table to enjoy a beer and fried perch (yum), notwithstanding any differences we have. I have never been anywhere near taking any of our discussions serious, as to the point that it would make me actually become a hater (although some dude named Paper Tiger at BFC probably hates me, and for that fact a few others). It's been tongue in cheek funning around, some very good debate and at times a friendly agreement to disagree philosophically on some fundamental ideas.

I find it absolutely silly that anyone, for any reason, could not sit around that table.

I must provide a predicate perspective that I do hope that this is the worldview that any of us may take, but am very saddened by the fact that it is at all possible that dale might be drinking his virtual beer by himself.

Cheers!

Leto
Oh I agree. With almost zero exceptions I think we'd all have a fantastic time bending elbows and yakking in person. The internet adds a layer of "psycho" to almost every exchange, especially when two parties are disagreeing. My old driving education instructor in high school warned us about driving in the same way. He said that once we put on the sunglasses and climb into the big metal box we all feel empowered to act in ways we'd never dream of in person. I'm sometimes just as guilty of that as the next guy.

Back on the old BFC political forum, at the height of our excitement just before the 2004 presidential election I made the same observation as you have, and speculated that if we'd all meet somewhere in, say, Kansas and rent a hotel suite on Election Night, that it would be an absolute blast watching the election returns come in. Everyone, to a man and to an opinion, agreed.

And truthfully, almost all of my friends I have here in MN I met via the BFC forum. Fancy that.

All that said, I will suffer through my beer while thinking of all of you. And if I'm wrong and you do get a WWII game from BFC then you'll be winners too.

:)

-dale

Patrocles

Reaction score

-dale
Oh man, what a sucker bet for Elvis!
:nuts:

Congrats on your case of beer (assuming you are able to claim your case from Elvis!).
:clap:

hell, if the game is out in the next few weeks I will also buy Elvis a case of beer of my choice!

Caractacus

Reaction score
Country
ll
well, i think he's finding out that there's a huge difference between having a chunk of code that mostly works and having a product you can distribute and charge money for.

-dale
aka

CMSF?

:)

(someone had to...)