Free Beer for Dale Countdown...

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Elvis

Once again, for an example of some of the issues at BFC, you can go back and look at a conversation here that you participated in. I linked a specific incident where I was threatened with a ban for calling out that a beta tester had made an uncalled for remark to someone asking a pretty simple question. You were involved in the discussion of that specific incident.

I don't understand why you come back every few months and almost act like you were never here or participated in any discussions.

btw, I am pretty sure they are talking about a non-BFC website.
Yeah. I understand they are talking about a different site (the Fritz comment clue didn't help but I'll think on it a spell). But you may not have read my post above. I'll repost it for clarification:

I am familiar with the posts regarding the "double standard" that have gone on here. I was specificlly looking for an example of someone banned for expressing their ideas rather their behavior.
Doesn't really mesh with the "act like you were never here or participated in any discussions", does it? I will attribute that to maybe not having read my post.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know what happened in Europe in 1939 Elvis? The Blitzkrieg.

Now match the rhymes.

Good Hunting.

MR

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know what happened in Europe in 1939 Elvis? The Blitzkrieg.

Now match the rhymes.

Good Hunting.

MR
MR, I will work on this overnight. Part of the puzzle is trying to think of what site is so powerful to have an almost Voldemort hold on some posters here.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah. I understand they are talking about a different site (the Fritz comment clue didn't help but I'll think on it a spell). But you may not have read my post above. I'll repost it for clarification:

Doesn't really mesh with the "act like you were never here or participated in any discussions", does it? I will attribute that to maybe not having read my post.
What is the definition of "here"

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mmm, banning someone from one site for what they said on another. Have we run across that one before--Geordie, Leto and friends?

I suspect that BF knows that such a move is not only wrong, but would not just burn bridges--it would also dynamite them with a large part of the wargaming community, far beyond those who might be banned.
Oh no - note what I said:

Their New Way Forward plus my personality
If I stayed neutral I'd probably be fine, and if I drank the New Way Forward kool-aid I'd be welcomed. But I'd do neither and the combination, and I'd be half of that combination, would get me the hook.

-dale

edited: I see now that the BFC site wasn't the one being brought up. My bad.

Last edited:

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
MR, I will work on this overnight. Part of the puzzle is trying to think of what site is so powerful to have an almost Voldemort hold on some posters here.
I like that, the site which shall not be named! It was a while back, but a site that suffered from a few forceful personalities, unfortunately they were the Mods. When a bunch of guys moved their discussion to another site, they were followed and banned for their comments on the new site.

They also had their complete gaming records expunged in a Stalinesqe purge so that today you would never know they had existed. The world of CM is populated by some very petty people.

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like that, the site which shall not be named! It was a while back, but a site that suffered from a few forceful personalities, unfortunately they were the Mods. When a bunch of guys moved their discussion to another site, they were followed and banned for their comments on the new site.

They also had their complete gaming records expunged in a Stalinesqe purge so that today you would never know they had existed. The world of CM is populated by some very petty people.
What I don't understand is why the site in question is so carefully not being named. Is there still someone left for them to ban if they find out they're being discussed here?

John

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What I don't understand is why the site in question is so carefully not being named. Is there still someone left for them to ban if they find out they're being discussed here?

John
Probably just an effort avoid forum wars.

-dale

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post

What is the definition of "here"
I was quoting you. I would think you would have a better idea than me. When I read your comment to me I assumed by "here" you meant this forum.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Regardless Elvis, my conviction stands that you participate in discussions, drop off for a while, then come back looking for the same proof you asked for initially. I just want to understand why.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Regardless Elvis, my conviction stands that you participate in discussions, drop off for a while, then come back looking for the same proof you asked for initially. I just want to understand why.
Why is it when I am asked a direct question I answer it but when I ask some folks they don't?

"Same proof"? When I thought people were talking about bannings for things they said on other forums, it appeared as if they were talking about BFC. I said I wasn't aware of anyone banned for posting because of anything beyond behavior and asked if others were aware if anyone could you give me the name(s) of the banned. If there isn't anyone then a simple "as far as I know no one has been" is fine with me. Yes, there have been discussions about the "double standard" on the BFC board before but I have never seen an answer to that question.

And as far as retreading something that has been discussed before? on this forum? You're not serious about that are you? For the whole time I have been following this board there is retread after retread, don't you agree?

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You asked that question at least a year ago and at that time I went dug out the thread. What I am saying is the search button works for everyone.

As far as retreading threads goes, feel free to not participate in them.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You asked that question at least a year ago and at that time I went dug out the thread. What I am saying is the search button works for everyone.
I will try searching people banned from BFC forum and see what it gives me. However I have had no luck in the past with the search engine on this forum. As I may have said ealier I still can't find a single post by Mustang 2.0. That is something that should be simple right? No dice.

That being said. Thank you anyway, I will take your answer to mean either you don't know of any or the names aren't at your fingertips. That's cool. I don't expect you to be the one person answerman on the subject.

As far as retreading threads goes, feel free to not participate in them.
I most often do not. My point was simply I am not the only retreader. Perhaps when some other folks retread you may want to admonish them for it as well.

John

P.S. I sincerly am not trying to be cranky toward you so please don't read that into my comments. Today, for personal reasons, I my emotions are very frayed and I may not be as tactful as I intend to be.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A bunch of long threads (some 45 pages long) long came up. No interest to seach through them to find som mention of Adam or MDs expulsions. I'll hang on that someone knows a name or 2 off the top of their head.

Tanker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A bunch of long threads (some 45 pages long) long came up. No interest to seach through them to find som mention of Adam or MDs expulsions. I'll hang on that someone knows a name or 2 off the top of their head.
I can be counted as a member of the diaspora.