Free Beer for Dale Countdown...

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreed. That will be loverly as Seanachai has fallen down on his job of beer Yoda. The Swine will get to drink what Elvis picks (which sounds good) and I will make sure everyone knows that.

-dale
The order has been called in to the Top Valu on Central Ave NE that youi had sent me th einfo on before. After a long conversation the decided they couldn't sell it to me without ID so I purchased a gift certificate for the exact amount and they are keeping that with the beer. I guess you can use it for anything in the store the IPA is a real good one and if I could I would buy beer from no other company forever (exageration).

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Excellent! They are literally right on my way to work so I can do the deed today.

Thank you Elvis for the suds, and thanks to all of the rest of you for hanging on during the incredible drama of me being unable to pick a beer for months. :)

The drama of BFC not making their "we have no intention of missing X date" is less rewarding, but still interesting for all of that.

-dale

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The real drama begins when dalem downs the whole lot on a binge of celebration - of what, we can only speculate - and "drunk dials" his Facebook roladex. I'll post screenshots of the email chain that ensues.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well, the Beer saga is over, but at least it took less time than a BF module does.......

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I walked away with 2 6-packs of Commodore Perry IPA, 1 of Elliot Ness and 1 of Dortmunder Gold.

And I am, of course, going to go onto the Peng Thread and tell lies about how I finally decided on Budweiser but Elvis talked me up into Miller Lite. That should elicit a shriek or two. :)

Thanks again, E-man - my fridge seems very happy.

-dale

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That just shows the integrity of those on the site.

Good Hunting.

MR

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I walked away with 2 6-packs of Commodore Perry IPA, 1 of Elliot Ness and 1 of Dortmunder Gold.

And I am, of course, going to go onto the Peng Thread and tell lies about how I finally decided on Budweiser but Elvis talked me up into Miller Lite. That should elicit a shriek or two. :)

Thanks again, E-man - my fridge seems very happy.

-dale
Ah, beer, and if only it was real beer too. If youd challenged me, I would be sending you some Tomintoul Wildcat about now......(Although for some stupid reason they call it Cairngorm Wildcat now). This was the 5% Beer of choice when I did the Squadron Bar.

Always goes down well:

http://www.cairngormbrewery.com/

I see they have expanded.... But the girl in the Tarty Kilt is still tarty.......

Last edited:

Rule_303

Reaction score
Betting for beer was a very good idea, Dale. Consider that you might have foolishly made this kind of bet instead.

(WARNING - READ BEFORE CLICKING: Link is to a comic strip containing very obscene dialog, though topic is mildly relevant.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Betting for beer was a very good idea, Dale. Consider that you might have foolishly made this kind of bet instead.

(WARNING - READ BEFORE CLICKING: Link is to a comic strip containing very obscene dialog, though topic is mildly relevant.
Wouldn't have been foolish for ME now, would it have been? :)

Even people over at the BFC forum are talking about 2011 and quoting Steve's "in 2009" post now.

-dale

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Wouldn't have been foolish for ME now, would it have been? :)

Even people over at the BFC forum are talking about 2011 and quoting Steve's "in 2009" post now.

-dale
Steve's insecurity is the most amusing thing to read over there.

He's spent most of his time defending himself despite the fact no one is attacking him.

Yup! After less than 1.5 weeks on sale we've got to about 50% of our expected sales of CM: Afghanistan for its entire lifetime. This pleases us

Preorder sales of NATO are quite strong as well, especially since we expect the majority of sales from NATO to be download only (which can't be preordered).

There are a handful of people that actively want Battlefront to fail for their own extremely selfish, and convoluted, reasons. Every time we say something positive about our sales they say we're lying and we're just a stone's throw away from going out of business. The fact they've been repeating this for 3 years doesn't seem to phase them. The fact that we've actually expanded our full time staff since then is also apparently yet more evidence, in their eyes, that our sales are crap and we're on our last gasp.
Any idea who he's talking about? He says he doesn't read this forum, so I don't have a clue who else this is referring to. Any active blogs out there this might mean? Is Tom Chick still writing about CM? I thought he lost interest three years ago when CM fell off his radar.

I don't think anyone here accused him of lying anyway, though I do think it is funny - still - that he can jump up and down and say "hey we just met our goals" after the fact, without ever once stating up front what the goals are, and even after the fact never having stated the goals either. It's kind of a "so-what" for anyone else in earshot. Like me telling my neighbour my salary is now exactly in the range I've always expected to be at my age. "So how old are you?" "None of your business." "Well, how much money are you making, since you brought it up?" "I can't tell you that either, but it's exactly what I want to be making - isn't that great?" "Um - yeah. Congratulations. Why do I care, again?"

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Steves insincerity almost matches his insecurity. Blah blah blah their business model, blah blah blah, doomsayers. Heard it all before last year and the year before, in fact every time they release something. It begins to feel like post release relief.

Love they way he says they have more staff than ever! You can still fit them all in a small shed. I wonder why Matt left? That would be interesting to know.

No matter what. Spin he puts on it he's damned by his own words on his own forum. I'm thinking definitely 2009! Oh my, I'm thinking definitely 2011 myself, oh and Dales thinking never.

Also, why would a massive company like BF care what less than ten guys would say about their huge hit of a war-game, CMA sold 30 copies after all in les than 2 weeks, which is already 50% of their predictions.

Finally, got to love Mord, the pet Poodle, who is guaranteed to show up in every CM is wonderful thread. Mord, I don't think you an Uber Fan Boy at all, more like someone who needs to belong somewhere and you've decided it's going to be BF, common sense be damned.

Last edited:

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Note the classic themes of "if they're so smart then why don't they make a game?" and "if you don't like it why not shut up and stop talking about it?"

I need not know how to make a car or a carbonated beverage to know that the Edsel was a bad design and New Coke a flaming marketing and design miscue, and I can discuss the causes and effects of both without being hateful or jealous.

I mean, geez, I've moved on - why can't they?

-dale

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hmm, maybe there's somewhere else on the web discussing the games? Maybe were the paranoid ones?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Preorder sales of NATO are quite strong as well, especially since we expect the majority of sales from NATO to be download only (which can't be preordered)."
:crosseye:
Can someone explain that statement to me?

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Preorder sales of NATO are quite strong as well, especially since we expect the majority of sales from NATO to be download only (which can't be preordered)."
:crosseye:
Can someone explain that statement to me?
I understand it to mean that the download-only option can't be preordered, only physical copies.

-dale