Free Beer for Dale Countdown...

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmph. My closest store has an insufficient selection of beer. I shall have to call upon my friend Seanachai, the Obi-wan Stoli, the Ethanol Jedi, to guide me to a Better Place of Selection.

-dale

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My beer guru Seanachai (from the Peng thread) is taking me to a primo beer store to decide what I'll get. Elvis is grumbling good-naturedly but will soon be called upon.

-dale

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Post amended by Geordie as it contained unwarranted material.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just put it on ignore like the rest of us.

-dale
That doesn't stop quotes such as BT's :) And neither new threads.

vBullein used to have a feature that you could put a user on everybody's but his own ignore list. Kinda cool but wasn't sustainable.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That doesn't stop quotes such as BT's :) And neither new threads.
Of course, if we all have it on ignore then no one could quote it. :) I mean, if it were my decision, heck, I told y'all on Day 1 about this thing. Buit if it hasn't broken any rules or if no one reports a post...

-dale

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Of course, if we all have it on ignore then no one could quote it. :) I mean, if it were my decision, heck, I told y'all on Day 1 about this thing. Buit if it hasn't broken any rules or if no one reports a post...

-dale
No, there are general "disturbing the peace" type of rules at gamesquad. You can certainly nail him based on that.

It is also quite obvious that his antics are posted drunk. There are posts of coherence in between. But the former are in the majority and the latter not large enough contributions to make good.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have to say that I reluctantly agree with you guys. It's not my way to ban guys but we really don't need his Jeckle and Hyde show anymore.

As always I'm reluctant to make it permanent and so I have banned him for 6 months. Maybe he can calm down by Feb next year.

I know, I'm a big softie at heart.....

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, Geordie. You got the worst job on the forum short of maybe Don :)

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The biggest pain about the Ignore list is that if someone on it responds to a thread, you don't get an email message saying there are new messages - so if you're tracking the thread, you don't get notified. I am happy that no one who actively posts in the CM forum is currently on my Ignore list.

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry lads, I shouldn't have quoted his message :(
Well done Geordie! :)
Don't feel too bad. Your post helped those of us, who did not see it or receive the text of what he posted via forum delivered auto-email, understand the basis (or at least the latest part of it) for Geordie's action. Rare action in his history modding this board.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It has been 3 1/2 months since Dale won this bet. Since he seems incapable of deciding what kind of beer he likes. I plan on doing the following tomorrow around this time unless I hear otherwise.

A very close friend of mine was murdered last month by her husband (who then killed himself). They have 2 young daughters (4 and 7 years old). She worked as the retail marketing manager for Great Lakes Brewery in the Cleveland area. They have been beyond exceptional throughout this horror we have all been going through., The day the murder was discovered they closed operations and they also shut down their entire organization on the day of her funeral. They are also supplying all the beer and liqour for the upcoming memorial service being held in Philadelphia. Their beer is fantastic. It is not cheap, costing at least twice as much as the Yeungling Lager he had initially requested. The Dortmunder Gold Lager is almost a carbon copy tastewise of the Yeungling. My favorite, while out in that hellhole called Ohio, was the Commodore Perry IPA. I called the Top Valu beer store near Dale on Central Ave NE and they carry both. GLB also has a sampler case but they don't seem to have that. I plan to call in an order for the GLB IPA tomorrow unless someone stops me before then. I also encourage anyone who has access to Great Lakes Brewery beer to buy it whenever the oppurtunity arrises.

As for the girls, anyone who wants to make a donation to them can do so at : www.graceandlucyfund.com

I think this solution to wrap up this beer thing has a nice feeling to it. And I hope all interested parties agree.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WOW Elvis. We'll put the girls and the rest of that family on our prayer list. I don't drink beer and my job situation isn't good but I'll donate to their cause as well.

Good Hunting.

MR

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreed. That will be loverly as Seanachai has fallen down on his job of beer Yoda. The Swine will get to drink what Elvis picks (which sounds good) and I will make sure everyone knows that.

-dale