France ’40 AAR: The Battle of Abbeville, the Second day

Hudson

Reaction score
Today’s history lesson and Panzer Campaigns After Action Report comes from Abbeville France. Below is the scenario debriefing. The scenario is 12 turns long.

The full AAR is on my wargaming site, with pictures, but here is a all text cut and paste:

http://bluntforcegamer.com/?p=2112

Abbeville, France, 28th May 1940: After the failed attack by the British and French combined force on Abbeville the 27th, the French High Command decided to send De Gaulle, promoted to temporary general four days earlier, to attack. After moving his 4e DCR a distance of 200km, losing some tanks on the way due to mechanical problems, the 4e DCR finally arrives. The objective is to destroy the German pocket south of Abbeville and control the city. At the beginning of the operation the attack met with success. The first German defenses were destroyed and prisoners taken. Then the Germans, recovering from their surprise, strengthened their defense line and stopped the French. The French continued their attack on the pocket on the morning of the 29th but without success.
I played the Germans and let the computer handle the French on the attack. This scenario was pretty tough but only 12 turns long and thank goodness because without armor I was not sure I could hold off what the French threw at me for too long. Onto the AAR:

TURN 1

As the German player I had a lot of fixed units so had to make do with dug in infantry and anti tank guns for the majority of the game until my units were released later. I had the 57th Infantry Division at my disposal. The German units are LIGHT blue the French are DARKER blue. Below is the opening situation.

READ THE REST ON MY SITE! THANKS

Last edited: