Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi all;

just to let you know that the Franc Tireur # 8 is at the printers.

This time, more than 60 pages are written in English as well as our usual accompanying 10 scenarios, the rest remaining in French.

You can check it at:

http://monsite.wanadoo.fr/Le_Franc_Tireur/page7.html

If you have any question feel free to email me at Xavier658@wanadoo.fr

All the best;

X

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Xavier, that's great! I am really looking forward to this. I've been waiting a long time for the next FdT! Congratulations.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-
Below is what Xavier e-mailed me as far as getting ahold of Le Frank Terrier:

Xavier wrote:
1 euro is worth 1.20 USD $. So If you
order it through priority mail, this would be 40 USD $.
The FT 8 is 25 euros, plus shipping. If in USA it's 8,20 euros, if in
Western Europe 6,00 euros.

Not only the scenarios are in English, but two thirds of the magazine
come in English as well... It's our very first try.

I accept Paypal, no problem.

My paypal account is Xavier658@wanadoo.fr

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kenn, if you go to the website Xavier posted, you'll see how to get it. The easiest way for Americans is through the Alaska Hobbycraft.

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pitman said:
Kenn, if you go to the website Xavier posted, you'll see how to get it. The easiest way for Americans is through the Alaska Hobbycraft.
Does it cost the same? I am unfamiliar with this publication, is it worth $40.00? Just a honest question.

Keith

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am a huge fan of this publication. I think it is more than worth it.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Yup, a fantastic magazine and well worth the money spent. I wonder if back issues are still available, once I sell off my J2 on eBay, I can then use thos funds to buy back issues if available and if the scenarios in those back issues are in english.

Scott

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi all;

Thanks for your enthusiasm, I hope our FT 8 won't disappoint you... please remember that English is definitely not our mother tongue :? so even if we try to do our best, I am pretty sure you will find many typos and mistakes.

As far as the back issues are concerned, there are still some FT 5, 6 and 7. All their scenarios are in English, and you can check the mag in the small FT website.

http://monsite.wanadoo.fr/Le_Franc_Tireur/index.jhtml

The orders already received will be shipped next Monday, and with a bit of luck on Saturday, but I don't think so.

Thank you one again for your kind words... That's one of the reasons why we gave up writing it in French: the enthusiasm of our foreign readers!

Have a nice day and till next time;

X

PS; Mark, I sent an email but it was once again rejected :( treated as a spam.

ASLgrognard

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Excellent publication

I certainly agree that FT is a wonderful publication. Their issues are themed, Spanish Civil War, Barbarossa, looks like FT8 will be Normandy.

I speak/read French fluently, so have been able to realize the full potential of the publication. I would further say, even to the French novice, its fairly easy to get the focus of the article without much difficulty.

Scenarios are in English and are very good. Provence Pack on MMP's website comes from the early FT issues.

I forgot to add, it is worth the price.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone have the contact information (URL) for the "Aslaska Hobbycraft" business. I did a google search and only got a few hits about model railroading referencing the topic.

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fred B. Ingram said:
Anyone have the contact information (URL) for the "Aslaska Hobbycraft" business. I did a google search and only got a few hits about model railroading referencing the topic.

I doubt "aslaska" did bring much in a search. But you can try Tim at

email Tim Fachko at hobbycraft@gci.net

or

Hobbycraft, Inc., 800E. Dimond Blvd, Suite 136, Anchorage, Alaska 99515-2048. hobbycraft@email.msn.com

Keith "gulp" Todd

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks (although I did not mispell it in the google search)

I assumed there was a website. I did get an e-mail address and a snail mail address on google.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This time, more than 60 pages are written in English as well as our usual accompanying 10 scenarios, the rest remaining in French.

You can check it at:

http://monsite.wanadoo.fr/Le_Franc_Tireur/page7.html

If you have any question feel free to email me at Xavier658@wanadoo.fr
I just got my copy yesterday. The delivery from the US distributor (Tim Fachko at hobbycraft@gci.net) was incredibly fast - thanks.

I just want to say, I haven't played any of the scenarios yet, and I haven't done more than spend about an hour looking this over. BUT - this may be the best ASL publication I have ever seen. This from a guy who has all of the Avalon Hill / MMP ASL products ever published.

The scenarios look good. The articles are diverse and appear to be well written. I particularly liked the article that was a "battlefield tour" of the mountian in Mortain where a major battle was fought. I want to put in a request for more of these - Cherbourg, anyone? :p There is lots of historical / scenario data here as well as "nuts and bolts" ASL tactics and rules.

I hesitated (for about a day) to order this because its a little pricey at $30 USD. But this is a great magazine. Well worth the price.

I recommend it.

Thanks
Sam

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Sam, ya know they are violating copyrights? look at the Clipart. Just for that I am surprised you bought FT since you very anti-tpp.

Just got done playing no luck, great scenario and we played it in three hours not six.

Scott

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sam, ya know they are violating copyrights? look at the Clipart. Just for that I am surprised you bought FT since you very anti-tpp.
Couple of things... I was not aware that they were using MMPs artwork. I'm still not sure of it, either. They thank Rodney Kinney in the "credits". Are they using VASL artwork, or MMPs? Can anyone say? I would like to know.

I do not support people using someone else's intelectual property without permission.

I am not "anti-Third Party Publisher". I am in favor of people obeying the law regarding not stealing other people's property.

Sam

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SamB said:
Couple of things... I was not aware that they were using MMPs artwork. I'm still not sure of it, either. They thank Rodney Kinney in the "credits". Are they using VASL artwork, or MMPs? Can anyone say? I would like to know.
I had understood that MMP claimed that the VASL artwork was in violation of the hasbro copyright but that MMP was in the process of purchasing VASL. Of course, that was the line a few years ago, so maybe it has changed.

More specifically:
Curt Schilling in a public email said:
VASL art is ASL artwork, they are ASL counters in electronic format.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wasn't aware of any claim that VASL artwork violated MMP's copyright.

Perhaps at one time, the counter art for VASL was scanned from ASL counters, but for a looooong time VASL has used original counter and map artwork. AFAIK, VASL does not violate the copyrights of MMP or anyone else.

In fact, if you go to Advancedsquadleader.com you'll find that MMP offers a link to VASL with this statement:

Virtual ASL. This is the definitive way to play ASL over the net, either in real-time or via email. Rodney Kinney has done an excellent job putting this service together.