Forum update to v2.0.10 in progress

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
The forum has now been updated to the latest software version, squashing a lot of little annoying bugs and making it faster as well as more stable.

In addition, I'm working on updating the style to a cleaner, bolder style with more contrast and a bit less in-your-face color.

There are several little things that members have suggested, and I'm trying to incorporate those where possible. For instance, the 'sticky' threads will now be highlighted to make them a bit easier to spot and/or ignore.

Some of the old sub-forums are no longer relevant and mostly inactive, so there will be some forum reorganization going on as well. If you have suggestions for things you would like to see, post them here.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Wow! Didn't even notice that it had been updated. As a former IT person, that is the ideal update!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Some feedback for a recent change:

I *think* that this thread:

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/introduce-yourself-we-were-all-new-members-once.150091/

has been moved from someplace in the ASL-section to the new (general) destination. And with that to beneath the radar of most ASLers.

I cannot judge in how far Non-ASLers new to the forum introduced themselves in possible other threads as I usually do not follow Non-ASL content at all or only in a very limited way. It was just happenstance that I came across the new location in this thread.

At least speaking for myself, I am not quite interested in what new forum members there might be for non-ASL stuff. Having that thread in the ASL section allowed the ASLers at least up to now to take notice and give them a warm welcome and to provide some directions. Now, this will probably not happen any more for the new ASLers on the forum - at least not in the extent as before.

Unless, someone opens a new thread for the purpose in the ASL section or this thread is moved back, that is.

Just my 2 cents,
von Marwitz

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Although I appreciate and understand your point, I have always viewed GameSquad as a community, and not just a place for strangers to talk about games on the Internet. With that in mind, it is not the intent of GameSquad to facilitate any of our sub-communities to wall themselves off from the other gamers and become an isolated "forum within a forum." It's healthier for the whole community if that doesn't happen.

We're working on getting the forum updated, re-organized, and bringing in some fresh content and, hopefully, some new faces.