Fortification and Row Houses.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does paying for fortification in a row house structure include all of building? Seems likely. But can the purchaser choose not to include all hexes in said fortification? At the start of our third session we fortified those sections of a factory which were outside the limits of range to enemy units. We thought that was correct and allowable. Tim

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I don't know what module and special purchase rule you are alluding to, but SSR usually indicate a number of Locations (not buildings) which can be fortified, as per B23.911
B23.911 The number of Fortified Building Locations is specified by SSR or DYO purchase.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The campaign game that we are playing, of course. Not sure if anything is defined there, other than the cost for fortification of a building hex, which is 10 DSP points. I suppose I should ask the designer for clarification. I assume that all the hexes in a row house is fortified with a purchase. The question about the factory is debatable. There is a two hex range restriction concerning fortified buildings, but if only a portion of the building is within that range, can one still fortify the rest of the factory in this case. Tim

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I should have said building, not building hex.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Are you sure that the special rule doesn't speak of Locations ?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I know of no instance were a whole building is specified as fortified or where you can purchase a whole fortified building

Which CG or HASL are youplaying?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I know of no instance were a whole building is specified as fortified or where you can purchase a whole fortified building

Which CG or HASL are youplaying?
Certain VotG scenarios may have them as fanatic strongpoints require to be entirely foryugued.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Certain VotG scenarios may have them as fanatic strongpoints require to be entirely foryugued.
Is that indeed what he is playing? I do not recall that in VotG, but not having played that many VotG scenarios/CG, it may have slipped my increasingly porous memory.

Can you quote or point to a specific example Vinnie?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Is that indeed what he is playing? I do not recall that in VotG, but not having played that many VotG scenarios/CG, it may have slipped my increasingly porous memory.

Vinnie is saying that in VotG before designating a building as a fanatic stronghold, you must fortify the whole ground level using FPP [CG11]. FPP in votg fortify a building one location at a time. It is not an example of where a single purchase fortifies more than one building location, but rather of something that was not asked.

JR

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My understanding is that a building is fortified by a level. From the ground level up. So one floor is ten DSP points. Three floors would be thirty DSP points. The size of the level does not apply. Tim

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

CGIII~1 MISCELLANEOUS: Buildings F36, L38 and FF43 are Historical Strongpoints (CG11.1). Building FF43 contains a Cellar

As historical strongpoints they are fortified throughout all levels.
This and Berlin are the only ones I can think of.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
My understanding is that a building is fortified by a level. From the ground level up. So one floor is ten DSP points. Three floors would be thirty DSP points. The size of the level does not apply. Tim
Not my understanding. Fortified building LOCATIONS are specified by SSR or DYO purchase. Any one building HEX can contain fortified locations from the ground up by levels, but no more actual locations than specified/purchased. B23.911 and B23.912.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
He looked into a structural engineering manual instead of the ASLRB :)

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The game is the one which I am writing an after action account of. Please correct me if our understanding is incorrect. My ego is limited. Vinnie, you have played this campaign game. Tim

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The game is the one which I am writing an after action account of. Please correct me if our understanding is incorrect. My ego is limited. Vinnie, you have played this campaign game. Tim
If it's one I've played then its not VotG.
Coukd be Oz bay, Pegasus Bridge, RB, Catch a Train, operation Turnscrew, Hells Bridgehead, KGP...

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
CGIII~1 MISCELLANEOUS: Buildings F36, L38 and FF43 are Historical Strongpoints (CG11.1). Building FF43 contains a Cellar

As historical strongpoints they are fortified throughout all levels.
This and Berlin are the only ones I can think of.
That does sound familiar now.....still, Fortified building locations are specified/purchased/allocated by individual location and not by the building.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

What is the name of it ?

Why so cryptic?

Edit - Just looked in the AAR board. Is it Ozerekya Breakout . Number Three?

Seth