Forgotten War scenarios

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
How many Korean war scenarios are there using FW rules?

What I'm aware of;

Forgotten War - 16
Fight for Seoul - 21
Rally Point #15 - 10
Rally Point #17 -10
Action Pack 17 - 13
From the Cellar#10 - 4

What am I missing?

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The latest Special Ops magazine has a starter kit scenario in Korea...S91 Ready or Not 23 July 1950...sort of counts. :p:rofl:

We need more ChiCom scenarios...a horde more...

Semper Fi!
Scott

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
The ASL Scenario Archive lists 153 taking place in Korea. I don’t know how many of these use FW rules.

WO Pack 2022, WO41 and WO42.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
DTF8 the Art of War uses Chicom counters and part of Chicomn rules against GMD Chinese with standard terrain. So 45% there?

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
DTF8 and S91 don't count.

4 from WO packs makes 78.

Still not a lot considering FW is 4 years old. (Even assuming there are some we've missed).
But considering how hard it is to find a FW opponent, probably enough.

Any upcoming Korea products anyone knows of?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
My impression of the Korean War is that it does not offer many opportunities for scenario creation. It was a tiny affair compared to WWII. 80 odd scenarios is not bad considering the scale of the conflict and the type of combat it had.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How many Korean war scenarios are there using FW rules?

What I'm aware of;

Forgotten War - 16
Fight for Seoul - 21
Rally Point #15 - 10
Rally Point #17 -10
Action Pack 17 - 13
From the Cellar#10 - 4

What am I missing?
Fight for Seoul uses most of the FW rules. One big exception is the paddy fields, which in FW have Banks along each hexside, but in FfS Banks only exist on exterior paddy fields, creating big rice paddies, actual paddy fields rather than coterminous paddy enclosures if you will. Much deadlier to cross and more realistic. Wish FW had adopted that interpretation.

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My impression of the Korean War is that it does not offer many opportunities for scenario creation. It was a tiny affair compared to WWII. 80 odd scenarios is not bad considering the scale of the conflict and the type of combat it had.
Definitely much smaller, but consider that you could have an ASL scenario for nearly every company level clash. And what 12-15 UN divisions for 2+ years? (You could have a lot more WW2 scenarios in theory than the 6-8,000 we have.) So more than enough raw material...if scenario designers are interested.

80 is about 2 years worth of play for me so I'm not particularly advocating it. I'm more interested in the French Indochina war than Korea but I do like variety. Really enjoyed 'Fox in the cold' and it's a nice change of pace at times. The Chinese HS overrun ability is fun. I'm sure there will be more scenarios.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Why not create a CG or scenarios about the Canadians.. when the Chinese forced the US back Australia NZ and Canada held a series of hills.The majority of the scenarios are about US forces. We contributed a lot as well.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Why not create a CG or scenarios about the Canadians.. when the Chinese forced the US back Australia NZ and Canada held a series of hills.The majority of the scenarios are about US forces. We contributed a lot as well.
Staunch Allies whose sacrifices should not be forgotten. Even in the Forgotten War.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Given the variety of troop types involved, and the fluid actions of the first year and a half, I think there's still plenty left to do. 1952-53 might get a bit 'samey'.

I like it as it is good ASL. Infantry-focused battles with SUPPORTING AFVs