Forgotten War Q & A.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bugles are declared at the start of the MPh (W7.8).
Before actual movement (W7.82) "...wishing to move to a new hex in that MPh, the CPVA player makes a DR.." Indicates that the move has not YET been made. So the Jitter DR is made, results if any applied, then the CPVA moves the unit/s declared just prior to be about to move.
So Bugles are declared at the start of the MPh (W7.8).

FW isn't in the ASOP.

I was wondering if Bugles precede everything else in the ASOP MPh, in particular firing of Starshells. Found the answer: Starshells are fired at 3.1, the start of THE MPh, while W7.8 states that "The CPVA player may sound Bugles at the start of any CPVA MPh...", ie at 3.2, the start of ITS MPh. So Starshells, if any, first, then the CPVA can decide to blow the horns or not.

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question on Steep Hills: does their existence negate continuous slope? Playing AP190 We are Sparta and the question came up. Level three hills only are steep slope. Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Question on Steep Hills: does their existence negate continuous slope? Playing AP190 We are Sparta and the question came up. Level three hills only are steep slope. Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere.
Only in so much as firing across a cliff hexside affects Continuous Slope.

W1.32 FIRING RESTRICTIONS: All fire to/from a Steep Hills hex to/from an adjacent hex is treated as if occurring across a cliff hexside (B11.31-.32) if the target is at a different elevation than the firer [EXC: if either firer/target is in an upper-level-(B23.421)/rooftop-(B23.8) Location; if firing across a road hexside; by/vs Aerial units].

Recent Q&A on that subject: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/cliffs-and-continuous-slope.167424/

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Only in so much as firing across a cliff hexside affects Continuous Slope.

W1.32 FIRING RESTRICTIONS: All fire to/from a Steep Hills hex to/from an adjacent hex is treated as if occurring across a cliff hexside (B11.31-.32) if the target is at a different elevation than the firer [EXC: if either firer/target is in an upper-level-(B23.421)/rooftop-(B23.8) Location; if firing across a road hexside; by/vs Aerial units].

Recent Q&A on that subject: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/cliffs-and-continuous-slope.167424/
Thanks, so my read was that because it crosses adjacent across a cliff from 3 down to 2, then there is no continuous slope. Confirming what I thought!

MrHonus

Honus
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scenario 209, can the North Koreans win if American Vehicles remain in play?

MrHonus

Honus
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's confusing. To me, it reads that they have to clear the hill AND no AFV remain in play, OR they win if no AFV remain in play (regardless of MMCs on the hill).
"if there is no Good Order MMC at >= Level 1...and/or if no American AFV remain in play."

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
It's confusing. To me, it reads that they have to clear the hill AND no AFV remain in play, OR they win if no AFV remain in play (regardless of MMCs on the hill).
"if there is no Good Order MMC at >= Level 1...and/or if no American AFV remain in play."
"and/or" - that's the "standard" ASL-speak to say "inclusive or" - i.e, you win if you fulfill either one of the requirements, but you also win if you fulfill both of them.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
ASL 206....
Should the 236's in I and M companies for the Americans be CREWS for the RCL???
Errata for this?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
ASL 206....
Should the 236's in I and M companies for the Americans be CREWS for the RCL???
Errata for this?
No errata that I am aware of. I'll see if I can dig up the submitted version and see if anything got lost in translation....

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Think the card is correct - in Korea the 57mm RCL do not require a crew. Should be in the Ordnance Notes.

Edit to add from U.S./ROK/OUNC ORDNANCE NOTES 5:
† In KW scenarios, the M18(L) is not considered a crew-served weapon (A21.13; C12.2) [EXC: Early KW ROK; W3.11].

Last edited:

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
What would be the point of even mentioning clearing the hill then?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Are ROK units considered part of UN forces for the purposes of W.5? (I don't have Nat. Capability charts for FW)

Thx.