Forgotten War Q & A.

cifdale

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
Question about Centurions Reverse #216. The set up instructions for the first group of Chinese says "set up on board 83, on/south of hexrow S, less than or equal to 4 hexes from 81T4. This is not possible, so either it should be 83T4 or set up should be on board 81. Does anyone know which it is?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Question about Centurions Reverse #216. The set up instructions for the first group of Chinese says "set up on board 83, on/south of hexrow S, less than or equal to 4 hexes from 81T4. This is not possible, so either it should be 83T4 or set up should be on board 81. Does anyone know which it is?
83T4.

JR

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
W10.22

I think J2 is a legal IB placement. If it's not, let me know and don't worry about the following.

W10.22 is confusing me with it's reference to alternate hex grain (A9.221). As I understand A9.22, F3 to J2 does not match the definition of an alternate hex grain. So as I read W10.22, both H2 AND H3 would be illuminated. My gut is telling me that was not the intent though. So I'm asking for clarification when you don't have a true alternate hex grain as defined by A9.221.

I've indicated what I think the intent is here...a possible IB path of hexes from F3 to J2. The other option would be hex H3 instead of hex H2. But as I strictly read W10.22, both H2 AND H3 would be illuminated.

IBex.png

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
But as I strictly read W10.22, both H2 AND H3 would be illuminated.
That is correct. In this case both H2 and H3 are Illuminated. There are some cases like these, where "additional" (for lack of a better word) hexes are Illuminated.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gloster Hill. Daytime. Bugles declared. Non-IPM. Chinese unit WISHES to move. When does the UN Jitter Fire DR happen, before or after Assault Movement/ Non-Assault Movement is DECLARED. Ie: is the WISH indicated by the movement declaration, or separate from it?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bugles are declared at the start of the MPh (W7.8).
Before actual movement (W7.82) "...wishing to move to a new hex in that MPh, the CPVA player makes a DR.." Indicates that the move has not YET been made. So the Jitter DR is made, results if any applied, then the CPVA moves the unit/s declared just prior to be about to move.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So the Jitter DR is made, results if any applied, then the CPVA moves the unit/s declared just prior to be about to move.
And there is the (slightly obscured within the rules) power of Bugles. Getting some UN units under First Fire sure can help CPVA to move across that open ground.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The Chinese put a lot of effort into brass (and other) instruments during the war. They were supposedly developing a military tuba but the signing of the armistice ended the work. There were experiments with glockenspiels too, but they did not go well.

JR

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The Chinese put a lot of effort into brass (and other) instruments during the war. They were supposedly developing a military tuba but the signing of the armistice ended the work. There were experiments with glockenspiels too, but they did not go well.

JR
The glockenspiels were going well under the brother-in-laws Ding and Dong, but Ding got invalided out due to wounds and Dong's continuation experiments were thought to be too funereal.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The glockenspiels were going well under the brother-in-laws Ding and Dong, but Ding got invalided out due to wounds and Dong's continuation experiments were thought to be too funereal.
Interestingly enough it was Mr. Ting that put an end to the entire experiment because it simply didn't have the intended impact that was envisioned for the project (it just did have a ring to it).

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Their grandsons coincidentaly joined Dell Computers and created a WiFi pet distress alarm line of products:
"Ding, Dong, Dell, Pussy's in the well!".

Interestingly enough it was Mr. Ting that put an end to the entire experiment because it simply didn't have the intended impact that was envisioned for the project (it just did have a ring to it).
That must be before he met his wife A. Ling.

The US tried Cowbells but despite the demand for more by the troops and their commander Gen. C. Walken, they were deemed a failure.

Last edited:

FourDeuceMF

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Their grandsons coincidentaly joined Dell Computers and created a WiFi pet distress alarm line of products:
"Ding, Dong, Dell, Pussy's in the well!".

That must be before he met his wife A. Ling.

The US tried Cowbells but despite the demand for more by the troops and their commander Gen. C. Walken, they were deemed a failure.
Indeed. One must consult Colonel Angus about that...

Rob MacDonald

Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llCanada
In ASL 216 - Centurions Reverse, the British on board units are directed to set up within <= 3 hexes of 81I6. This does not give the on board AFVs a legal place in which to set up (according to W1.3 no AFV may setup/enter a steep hill hex). Should this read '<= 3 hexes of 81I5", which would provide four possible hexes in which to set up the three AVFs in Level 0 non-hill hexes?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
In ASL 216 - Centurions Reverse, the British on board units are directed to set up within <= 3 hexes of 81I6. This does not give the on board AFVs a legal place in which to set up (according to W1.3 no AFV may setup/enter a steep hill hex). Should this read '<= 3 hexes of 81I5", which would provide four possible hexes in which to set up the three AVFs in Level 0 non-hill hexes?
216 Centurions Reverse!: In the CPVA setup instructions, change “81T4” to “83T4”.