Forgotten War Korea Plano Template

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Helpful... not, do pushups. ;):p:D
Have you met TopT?...I have nice chap...he looks like he does push ups for a living...oh wait he did/does for both/all his jobs. Still you can gig him for not reading the Op Orders correctly it did say "3701". So send him to detention not PT class.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have you met TopT?...I have nice chap...he looks like he does push ups for a living...oh wait he did/does for both/all his jobs. Still you can gig him for not reading the Op Orders correctly it did say "3701". So send him to detention not PT class.
No, it is called Correctional Custody Platoon! You get the best of both worlds.

The Corps does not do this anymore but they really should. The success rate was not that good do it was easier to discharge them under OTH.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, I know. But I have should have done better. Push ups...I know... 1...

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I used to take almost every platoon run past the CCU at Camp Hansen, so that my Marines could see the fun and games and adjust their attitudes, if necessary.
That's the CCU that I was talking about! We'd run past it at least twice a week. Good times. Sinville. When were you there? I was there '83 & '86.

FTR, I never had the privilege of visiting but we did send some Marines there.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When were you there?
Did two trips with 3rd Marines UDP (we fell in on 9th Marines). First pump was Dec '88 - May '89 and second Was April '90 - Jun '90 (and then almost straight off to Desert Shield/ Storm). Nothing like your first Christmas in Oki!

MajorDad

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The CCU was stood back up at Hanson in 2000. I sent a couple of my Marines there is 2001-2002. It did wonders for them. In fact, the number of Office Hours I had to do dropped when the word got out the CCU was an option. No idea if it still is operational. Life was sure different on the edge of the empire.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Life was sure different on the edge of the empire.
It was great to get the Marines away from the distractions of Hawaii. Having the NCOs living in a squad bay with the non-rates also helped a ton.

Just a short hump from the Hansen back gate to the CTA, invariably climbing what the Marines referred to as "Mount Mother Effer" (cleaned up for GS). "Gas! Gas! Gas! Don and clear!" was the favorite phrase of my Company Commander every time that we got to the bottom of the climb - sure made it more fun.

Ah, the memories.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I lived on Camp Hansen for the first time (1st. Bn. 9th Marines) in 1979-80. We were on the far north end of the base, near the Comm. Bn., I still remember walking past the ancient Okinawan tombs on the way to the back gate to Kin-ville.

By best times on the island were the summer weekends when I would haul my rented diving gear up to Camp Schwab and spend the day exploring the waters around the little lava rock island in Ora Wan Bay, behind the movie theater. Communing with the stonefish, morays, and the sea snakes. It was almost as much fun as the floats.

Okinawa, that place where I lived with the best friends of my life.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would haul my rented diving gear up to Camp Schwab and spend the day exploring the waters around the little lava rock island in Ora Wan Bay, behind the movie theater. Communing with the stonefish, morays, and the sea snakes. It was almost as much fun as the floats.
I, too, did a lot of diving during my second pump. A couple of friends and I split a "SOFA-mobile" and drove up to the "toilet bowl" almost every weekend that we had free. I once did a quick solo dive to about 160 feet, just to see what nitrogen narcosis felt like. Ah, the days of youth and invincibility.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, this brings back memories.

Life sure was different out on the edge. There will never be another K-ville, Magsaysay Drive or anything even resembling that. That is not necessarily a bad thing.

I spent a bit of time on Tinian & Saipan also. That was like a throwback to the USA after 6 months on Okinawa. Korea was definitely different although Seoul was pretty decent for the early '80's. I loved going to a restaurant and ordering bulgogi -delicious!

My wife and I went there in '86 and had a blast (Camp Foster). Does anyone remember Ghenghis Khans? I would love to go back and see what it looks like now but my number one place to visit is Hong Kong.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
....but my number one place to visit is Hong Kong.
And you can play vs. Jackson Kwan (Hong Kong Wargamer) ftf and* enjoy all HK's food and non-stop action. I too would like 72 hours liberty call there. Alas no more epic landings to Kai-Tak airport for the long haul landings.