FW counters separate or hodge podge

• Total voters

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey folks,

I'm curious if people have been storing the Forgotten War counters in their own 'set' or mixing them in with the rest of their ASL brethren. I'm finally punching the counters and am still trying to decide the best way to store this stuff.

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I voted separate, it will be easier to find the counters that only get used in FW scenarios in the future, rather than having to rummage through trays of U.S./British/Russian counters to find that elusive post-WWII AFV.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heresy to some for sure, but I put the functionally equivalent in with their breathren and the HASL-style ones separately.

For example:
1) Russian colored leaders with Korean names went in with the Russian counters.
2) American 'super' bazookas went into a separate tray/system with the rest of the KWASL stuff.
3) Two toned stuff went in the KWASL stuff.

My guess is 95+% of the counters are in option 2 or 3 for me. No clue when I will actually play this stuff, but more likely should FrF or BFP put out some scenarios for them.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Stored with the rest of my counters. Uncut. In a box.

Eventually they’ll mostly be separate. I think. I’m seriously considering giving up bothering with counter organization at all.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Very good question!

I have not had the time to look at the counters thoroughly and to make up my mind.

If none of the counters would be needed from the "normal" set of Russian counters, then my vote would be clearly:

Separate.

Since they are needed - hard to tell. I have to review my current storage to check if extra space is available for extra Russian units - or even more difficult might be space for US stuff as there are already Army and Marines to be fit into one RAACO Assorter.

For sure, I will not rearrange my whole existing system (creating a sh**load of work) just to fit some post-WW2 stuff.

So likely, the outcome will be separate with a few exceptions.

von Marwitz

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
For those nationalities already in the mix, they went into the appropriate box. For the new stuff, I sorted and put them into their own Raaco. I need to get another handy-box (no trays, just the box). Sigh. -- jim

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I would be circumspect about lumping them in with the existing counter mix, especially the tanks as there are substantially different special ammo loads.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Russian colored tanks looked essentially the same to me-> they went in with the Rooskies. The other AFV (new or with different ammo#) went into their own section of my coin envelope system. (again thanks to the guys updating those files)

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Separately. Different war, different tray: SCW, WWII, Korea... as will be Algeria, Arab-Israeli or Indochina.