Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yes, the Ford stream hex is frigid.

....Perry
MMP
By SSR all streams are shallow and frigid.There is a Ford on the stream.B20.7 treats all non dry streams as frigid water obstavles.B20.81 treats movement into a Ford as movement into a stream of depth one less than specified ie. Shallow stream becomes dry.
1. Is the Ford still part of the frigid Water Obstacle with all the consequences?
See http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/fords-in-shallow-fridgid-streams.153307/#post-1985219
Yours Aye,Martin Vicca

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
I'd like some more explantion on this please.

A shallow stream with a Ford (B20.8) is considered one "classification shallower" as per B20.81. If the stream in the Ford is considered Dry (B20.41) it no longer exists and "it is considered a gully for all purposes...." Gullies cannot be frigid.

Where/how is this interpretation incorrect. Only water obstacles can be frigid and a gully is not a water obstacle.

Cheers.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
This definition is valid at scenario start.. ie a full stream artwork dry is considered a gully.. but I think there is no stream-gully-stream, ie the full artwork is a stream or is a gully, and here is clearly a stream.. IMHO answer is saying a stream with a ford is considered per movement purposes as a stream one level shallower but is still a shallow stream for all other purposes..

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
It can't be both. :) If the depth changes as per B20.8 such that it becomes a dry stream then B20.41 must be applied despite B20.7.

In fact, I would think that E2 applies - B20.8 comes after B20.7 thus the contradiction is resolved in favour of B20.8. That's my view in any case.

It's not worth a big confustication, really, and I do not expect Perry to add anything to his ruling. With the rules as written I would have to play it as a gully and not a water obstacle. ;) But that is just me.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
B20.8 "...the ford...is treated as a stream...hex except as amended below."
B20.81 "Movement into a ford stream hex ... is treated as if the water depth were one classification shallower...."

So the only difference is MF/Bog. B20.5 and B20.6 apply unchanged, for example.