For King and Country?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There are quite a few people with counters and Chapter H as well, but you feel compelled to buy your own.

Besides weren't you talking about not having folks to play with?

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are quite a few people with counters and Chapter H as well, but you feel compelled to buy your own.

Besides weren't you talking about not having folks to play with?
I see you mean the scenarios that come with the British modules. I already bought a used copy of West of Alamein quite awhile ago. Got it for about $80 bucks with shipping on eBay. However, for those who can not find one I see no problem with buying TPP for the chapter H info and counters. MMP loses nothing as they no longer make it and there are thousands of scenarios out there for Commonwealth troops.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I see you mean the scenarios that come with the British modules. I already bought a used copy of West of Alamein quite awhile ago. Got it for about $80 bucks with shipping on eBay. However, for those who can not find one I see no problem with buying TPP for the chapter H info and counters. MMP loses nothing as they no longer make it and there are thousands of scenarios out there for Commonwealth troops.
Oh .. did you see that as a "problem"?

I see - you mean if someone's "no longer make it", the copyright vanishes and it's okay to rip them off, correct? Understood.

Having said that though, I think MMP is still "making it". I might be wrong.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is a very old and tiring argument. I'll concern myself when MMP concerns themselves. I have ripped off no one, my conscience is clear. MMP wisely lets TTPs operate because in the long run it pays off.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This is a very old and tiring argument. I'll concern myself when MMP concerns themselves. I have ripped off no one, my conscience is clear. MMP wisely lets TTPs operate because in the long run it pays off.
I am not the first one to bring it up as a "problem". (I couldn't care less about your conscience either.) I wanted to clarify your line of thinking.

Apparently wondering where the scenarios might come from if not from the original modules hit a nerve.

TPPs are fantastic. MOST of them does original work so let's not generalize. I am playtesting for more than a few.

The rest, I leave for you.

Last edited:

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am not the first one to bring it up as a "problem". (I couldn't care less about your conscience either.) I wanted to clarify your line of thinking.

Apparently wondering where the scenarios might come from if not from the original modules hit a nerve.

TPPs are fantastic. MOST of them does original work so let's not generalize. I am playtesting for more than a few.

The rest, I leave for you.
No when you mentioned scenarios I did not know what you meant. Like I said I have a copy of West of Alamein.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No when you mentioned scenarios I did not know what you meant. Like I said I have a copy of West of Alamein.
I believe you Bob, when the original is available, you, me and most others will buy it. MMP is really good about keeping their boards available and people should be picking up those map packs IMO because the modules those maps originate from go OOP for years, yet the magazines, scenario packs etc. are loaded with scenario's requiring those maps. Same goes for the counters.

He's trolling, he has added nothing to this conversation other then a piss-poor attempt of making you (or someone) look like a thief. Like you and most others, I'll own the original MMP products when I can get my hands on one.

He keeps preaching VASL and using someone else's legal rights to use that medium with legally purchased products in reverse as an option for those not owning the originals. Speaking of proper ethics, only people who own the original product should be talking about using VASL, and only with someone else they are directly trying to play a game with. Suggesting to someone who doesn't own the original product to use VASL to bypass the legalities of copyright is the most underhanded attempt at thievery I've openly heard spewed on these forms...

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
He keeps preaching VASL and using someone else's legal rights to use that medium with legally purchased products in reverse as an option for those not owning the originals. Speaking of proper ethics, only people who own the original product should be talking about using VASL, and only with someone else they are directly trying to play a game with. Suggesting to someone who doesn't own the original product to use VASL to bypass the legalities of copyright is the most underhanded attempt at thievery I've openly heard spewed on these forms...
I absolutely agree! I actually don't know of players who play on VASL and doesn't have the physical product itself.

Having said that I can't wait to bring my gear to Siem Reap for the Angkorfest in 4 days. :D:D:D

Feel free to join http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/angkorfest-2017-asia-pacific-asl-open.129529/

Last edited:

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
South East Asia in the summer, is there a more miserable climate anywhere in the world? Well, there have been a couple of places in the Mid East lately that have set new records for both heat and humidity but I think those were unusual.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe you Bob, when the original is available, you, me and most others will buy it. MMP is really good about keeping their boards available and people should be picking up those map packs IMO because the modules those maps originate from go OOP for years, yet the magazines, scenario packs etc. are loaded with scenario's requiring those maps. Same goes for the counters.

He's trolling, he has added nothing to this conversation other then a piss-poor attempt of making you (or someone) look like a thief. Like you and most others, I'll own the original MMP products when I can get my hands on one.

Wow, that's a very strong statement and very uncalled for. In that vein, if I play somebody FtF and we use my gear (which we usually do because I own just about everything and I typically bring it all with me), must I ensure that the other player also owns what we're playing? I don't think that's how it works. If I own the game, I can invite somebody to join me without ownership of the game for them being a prerequisite.

If you're going to make outlandish statements, you should probably think them through fully before you post.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I doubt Jack is worried about what I said, he was giving the gears to Bob and he got it right back is all. <G> It's pretty obvious Jack is heavily into ASL and likely owns 2-3 of everything MMP makes if truth be told. He just strikes me as a spoiled brat having too much fun is all. ;-)

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Wow, that's a very strong statement and very uncalled for. In that vein, if I play somebody FtF and we use my gear (which we usually do because I own just about everything and I typically bring it all with me), must I ensure that the other player also owns what we're playing? I don't think that's how it works. If I own the game, I can invite somebody to join me without ownership of the game for them being a prerequisite.

If you're going to make outlandish statements, you should probably think them through fully before you post.
I never said that, you need to reread what was said.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, I don't. I know what I read. It might not be what you meant, but it's what you said.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I doubt Jack is worried about what I said, he was giving the gears to Bob and he got it right back is all. <G> It's pretty obvious Jack is heavily into ASL and likely owns 2-3 of everything MMP makes if truth be told. He just strikes me as a spoiled brat having too much fun is all. ;-)
I don't know about any of that. I try not to concern myself with what other people do with their own money.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jack,
Most of the additional scenarios are updates of previously published scenarios from either the ASL Annuals or AH's "The General" and all of the updated material can be found on the MMP website. "The General" scenarios can be found on the VFTT site if you don't already have them, not sure if anyone has ever put out "The ASL Annual" scenarios on line (or if they're allowed too) if you don't have these. Here's the list of scenarios included and whether they've been updated or not (to the best of my knowledge):
ASL-91 Ad Hoc At Beaurains, Updated from A40 An92; ASL-92 Stand Fast The Guards, updated from A15 An90; ASL-93 Tavronitis Bridge, updated from A1 An89; ASL-94 Bofors Bashing, updated from A2 An89; ASL-95 Descent Into Hell, updated from A3 An89; ASL-96 The Crux of Calais, Updated from A22 An90; ASL-97 A Desperate Affair, reissued from G39 AH The General issue 31.4; ASL-98 On Silent Wings, updated from A102 An96; ASL-99 Probing Layforce, updated from A43 An92; ASL-100 Regalbuto Ridge, updated from A24 An90; ASL-101 Throwing Down The Gauntlet, reissued from BB2 Backblast issue 1; ASL-102 Point Of The Sword, reissued from G31 AH Gen30.6; ASL-103 A Day By The Shore, reissued from G22 AH Gen29.4; ASL-104 Hill Of Death, reissued from G36 AH Gen31.2; ASL-105 Going To Church, reissued from G35 AH Gen31.2; ASL-106 Kangaroo Hop, updated from G43 AH Gen31.6; ASL-107 Tettau's Attack, reissued from A33 An91; ASL-108 Guards Attack, updated from A35 An91; ASL-109 Dreil Team, updated from A37 An91; ASL-110 North Bank, updated from A38 An91.

No scenarios from WoA were republished with FKaK.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I think he was indicating that was the other person's viewpoint. Indeed, that is an old argument that three or four people maintain. Mostly they use it against people who buy counters from CH. I think they are a bit taken by surprise by counters from footsteps.

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I look forward to Footstep's PTO designs. (He has them on a lower priority).

Having said this, I think this is a wicked nice business concept : if you've seen Footstep's counter designs, you will know you can't really get just one or two nationalities and play them against 'normal' counters. To do so you will only want to get the rest. :)

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I look forward to Footstep's PTO designs. (He has them on a lower priority).

Having said this, I think this is a wicked nice business concept : if you've seen Footstep's counter designs, you will know you can't really get just one or two nationalities and play them against 'normal' counters. To do so you will only want to get the rest. :)
I would also love to see him do some of his Map Pad scenario kits for the PTO (and DTO). :)