• Poll closed .

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We're into the second round now - so these are getting tricky.

Apples and Apples today. Which pack contains the better scenarios (assuming you can pick up the British OoB and Allied Minors elsewhere)?

https://challonge.com/20iqm5mv contains the brackets, if you're keen to see the tricky choices coming up...

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Neither Module has a wealth of outstanding scenarios, though there are a few in each that are, and most are mediocre at best. However, for my money the better scenarios are contained in Doomed Battalions, especially after the revamp of many of them. Unfortunately both Modules suffer from the scenarios having been published previously and some players are remiss to try those scenarios again even though they have been upgraded for balance issues. Having played most of the scenarios in both modules at one time or another (even if only in their pre-update form) the most "fun" scenarios are contained in Doomed Battalions, even though they may have been fairly unbalanced or perhaps still are. It is quite a stretch to evaluate a Module without including the other contents though. If one were to account for the counters for instance FK&C that would probably be my choice hands down if for no other reason that they provide one with a major Allied power.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Although I'm Pole and I do personally prefer the battles presented in DB, I've voted for FKaC - not that it's better (nor worse, for that matter), but because its theater of operations options "objectively" offer a wider array - from Normandy, through Africa, to India. Otherwise they are similar in quality.

But you should get both, nevertheless!

Last edited:

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
For King and Country for me, you get the whole Commonwealth OB and it is a no brainer to get that first.

Anzacs and Gurkhas are two of the few nationalities that can stand up to the Japanese, especially early
in the PTO. Both modules are needed, period to fully enjoy ASL.

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
FKaC. As you said, we are assuming the OOB are available elsewhere. GKaC’s scenarios arent stellar, but
cover a greater period and variety.

indy

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I voted FKaC....Doomed Battalions is essential, and I love early war European, but the fact that the British and Commonwealth fought in all theatres....you can't do without them ( nor DB )..I'll now vote on YouTube.
Keep up the good work, love it. Thank you!