Followed enemy AVF command but MP's still remaining

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi,

I have the following situation:

At the start of the enemy turn a stationery enemy AFV is in a hex with a friendly MMC which it is holding in Melee (the friendly unit and AFV failed to do any damage to each other in the friendly CC phase of the last player turn).

In the prep fire phase the enemy AFV (hold attitude) rolls a 3 on the A2B action table resulting in a move command being issued and in the subsequent movement phase the AFV rolls a 5 on the A4C vehicle movement table - all good so far.

In an adjacent hex to the enemy AFV is another friendly MMC and the instruction indicates that the AFV should overrun this hex which it does - again no damage to either side.

The question is what does the AFV do for the remaining movement it started with 15MP's it has used 1 to start, to overrun 1 + 4 = 5 total 6 then 1 to exit the overrun hex total expenditure 7. This leaves 8 movement points what does it do with these? do I re-look at move command 5 which would again indicate an overrun and thus the vehicle would turn around and try to re-overrun the unit again? or does it stop? roll for a new movement command for the remaining movement?

Any help appreciated

Regards

Simon

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You have to use your own judgement often in SASL. S6.308 says the vehicle receives an automatic Move Command, The Move command you rolled would have it OVR the closest target, which would be the MMC in its starting Location. Maybe it should start, OVR the ADJACENT MMC, turn around in that hex, and OVR the MMC in its starting hex?

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
In unclear situations I try to stick to the 'spirit' of the move command as much as possible - in this case overrunning opposing infantry, so yeah -as you suggested I'd use the extra MPs to OVR (or move to position to OVR) with the remaining MPs.