flodd delays

Abatis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To my opponents

Writing from work; my utility service has been compromised by flood/storms...wreaking havoc actually...road to my house is closed off -have to take a crazy detour to get to work...electricity is intermitent and internet connect hasn't been possible in last 24 hours. Not a good time to live at the base of a hill! Please be patient.

John Given

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Holy crap Brian!! :freak:

I hope that your family, home, and possessions will be ok.

Back in '95, I lost some rare Dragon magazines and about $200 in Dungeons & Dragons (D & D) materials due to severe flooding, along with a boom-box, a VCR, materials for the Star Fleet Battles game, my Tobruk! wargame, about 20 music cassettes, and some old (but classic) boardgames. That sucked. I nearly lost many more wargames, including Panzerblitz, Panzerleader, and Arab-Israeli Wars, but the sturdy boxes they were in actually kept the water out!

Still, it was a disaster. Most of the losses were replaced, but a few Dragon mags (a D & D publication), some D & D books, and the boardgames were irreplaceable.

I hope you have a good sump pump! That's what caused much of the flooding - the pump couldn't keep up.

Tiger 88

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I too hope all is well with you and your family! I will send you a communication outlining our up coming team match with Scorched Earth and Gnrl Confusion tonight....we are the Ivans going up against the Huns!!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See now, Brian, that's why I live on top of a mountain. The closest danger to a flood I have is from our septic, but that's another story. Anyway, hang in there. No rush. Never is.

The new team game has begun, though, so hurry the hell up.

Abatis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys

I am alive! Talking to you from a laundrymat hotspot. Internet access should be worked out 24-48 hours -I hope. I have most of your turns done, just need a connection from home to get them out. Sorry for the delays...my safety was pretty much assured through the whole ordeal, but the infrastructure (roads, utilities, deliveries etc etc) have been affected greatly...this are wonky still! (can't drink my water for instance!)
Talk to you soon

Brian

Abatis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dear opponents,

I'm back up and running, so if you don't get a file from me today, saturday July 8, I'll lick a toad in the town square! :D

No, really, if you don't here from me, let me know about it -I think I have all files covered and should be sent out, but just incase...

On Hauser's Last Charge-I think I'll need to bow out before I begin guys, sorry. Bit off more than I can chew at the moment and still be reliable. My recent issues nonwithstanding, I have a bunch of stuff going on right now personally -all positive but strecthinng my time too thin.

John Given

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian, what about your home situation - was there any flooding or other damage?

What about in the area near your home?

Abatis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
John Given said:
Brian, what about your home situation - was there any flooding or other damage?

What about in the area near your home?

To the house, just a few inches of water in the basement and a bit of a trench in the driveway ...30 -40 minutes east of here(Binghampton area) whole houses went under, so we were pretty lucky. My road is cut in half about a half mile up the road by flash flood...we were pretty worried watching it coming down hill by the house too...ditches couldn't handle it, it was like a white water current coming down the road about a foot deep...strong enough to knock you down! It cut all kinds of new channels in a couple hours....I watched it ramping up over the ditch a good 4 or 5 feet high in places....so there was a lot of utility disruption with all of that instant erosion. Some of it from the floods, some of it for the improvising the power companies are having to do to re rout power...causing brown outs and outages from that too....Mainly it has been disruptive to my household, not devestating. The water situation is a drag though, have to boil it to use it for consumption. Supermarkets and resteraunts in town are having trouble keeping in stock for disrupted trucking. I look forward to nice, safe, cuddly winter for some relief! Atleast a blizzard doesn't come rolling down the hill like a mini tidal wave! LOL

michammer

Reaction score
Country
ll
Abatis said:
Dear opponents,

I'm back up and running, so if you don't get a file from me today, saturday July 8, I'll lick a toad in the town square! :D

No, really, if you don't here from me, let me know about it -I think I have all files covered and should be sent out, but just incase...

On Hauser's Last Charge-I think I'll need to bow out before I begin guys, sorry. Bit off more than I can chew at the moment and still be reliable. My recent issues nonwithstanding, I have a bunch of stuff going on right now personally -all positive but strecthinng my time too thin.
Hi Brian,

I think you owe me a turn on State Farm.

Andrew