Fleet reconstitution

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I just had it in a game with mantis that one of my RN fleets (Force H) reconstituted next to Suez. Suez is in the Hands of evil Mantis and he consequently sunk them before I had a chance to react.

Well, this strikes me as extremely odd, first the place: I somehow doubt that the US had sufficient shipyard capacities in NA to do that and second we have the player1/player2 inequality were player1 can attack (and sink) player 2's reconstituted/deployed units before player 2 can react.
Well, if the UK lost Suez they would a) not rebuild the lost fleet or b) rebuild them in the UK.

Thats why I think it would be best to let all UK fleets reconstitute in and around Scapa Flow.

And as a little bonus let's discuss the reconstitution of Africa troops in Suez, I know there are many good reasons to let them redeploy were the were used but as all EA veterans know NA is very likely to be overrun and that would basically eliminate these units until the terrain is recaptured. Well, as long as enough equipment is available I'm pretty sure that these units would be rebuild in the UK to help in the defence of England.

Dan Neely

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Kraut
And as a little bonus let's discuss the reconstitution of Africa troops in Suez, I know there are many good reasons to let them redeploy were the were used but as all EA veterans know NA is very likely to be overrun and that would basically eliminate these units until the terrain is recaptured. Well, as long as enough equipment is available I'm pretty sure that these units would be rebuild in the UK to help in the defence of England.
agree on the fleets fully. as for the others....

UK units in the uk, south africans in south africa. and a 1 or 2 hex (no axis allowed) area in the IO for indian, au, and nz troops.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I agree on the fleets as well, but I think they should all come back at Canada. It's the only place on the board that there will never be Axis. There has been an occupied UK in a few games now...

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
"agree on the fleets fully. as for the others....

UK units in the uk, south africans in south africa. and a 1 or 2 hex (no axis allowed) area in the IO for indian, au, and nz troops."

aka a rewrite of several the formations, redesign of the map, reconstitution points, increase in Allied shipping capability to move the units into action - no doubt to be foully misused...

Oh Lord, why am I so lazy?