Flamethrowers and FFMO

Robert Fabbro

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A Flamethrower attacks an Assault moving unit in a wooden building hex. Is the final IFT DRM +0 or -1?

In other words, does the FT's reduction of the building TEM to 0 also qualify the FT for FFMO?

For what it is worth, I believe the final DRM should be 0, but there is a fellow on BGG who thinks otherwise.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A Flamethrower attacks an Assault moving unit in a wooden building hex. Is the final IFT DRM +0 or -1?

In other words, does the FT's reduction of the building TEM to 0 also qualify the FT for FFMO?

For what it is worth, I believe the final DRM should be 0, but there is a fellow on BGG who thinks otherwise.
This subforum is not monitored by MMP (as far as we know). To submit for a q&a, you must e-mail your question (in yes-or-no format) to asl_qa@multimanpublishing.com. See details here.

Once you receive an answer, we would appreciate if you could post a copy in this subforum. This subforum is a way to publish answers received and not a way to ask questions.

JR

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
LOL. Thanks JR. What a rookie I can be sometimes!
If you have not seen it, someone else posted a similar question on the rules discussion subforum. As far as I am concerned, the answer is that FFMO does not apply just because the TEM is zero. There are lots of other terrain types (grain, orchard and brush to name a few) where the TEM is zero for all shots, and attacks against those hexes are not subject to FFMO by FT or any other type of weapon. But feel free to e-mail MMP if that discussion does not satisfy the parties.

JR

Robert Fabbro

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If you have not seen it, someone else posted a similar question on the rules discussion subforum. As far as I am concerned, the answer is that FFMO does not apply just because the TEM is zero. There are lots of other terrain types (grain, orchard and brush to name a few) where the TEM is zero for all shots, and attacks against those hexes are not subject to FFMO by FT or any other type of weapon. But feel free to e-mail MMP if that discussion does not satisfy the parties.

JR
Indeed. That is my take as well.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
For what it's worth, I've recently sent in a few "straightforward" questions to get authoritative rulings and got very quick replies.
In this instance I'm damn certain that you do not get ffmo just because it is a FT firing.

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For what it's worth, I've recently sent in a few "straightforward" questions to get authoritative rulings and got very quick replies.
In this instance I'm damn certain that you do not get ffmo just because it is a FT firing.
So is everyone else in the BGG thread other than the OP in that thread....

Bruce Probst in particular has not been amused.

Robert Fabbro

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Here's what I got back:

In other words, does the FT's reduction of the building TEM to 0 as per A22.2 also convert the building hex to OG, thus qualifying the FT for FFMO?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

0 TEM.

No conversion.

....Perry