Flamethrower attack versus pillbox (B30.112)

cooljrunner

Reaction score
First name
Jay
Country
llUnited States
Say a Flamethrower is in same hex as enemy occupied pillbox. What TEM is used for the flamethrower attack? I can't determine if a same hex FT attack is considered within or outside the Covered Arc of the pillbox. Thanks in advance.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The Pillbox hex is out of its CA, so the NCA DRM applies.
B30.1 ... Except for its two CA hexsides, the pillbox hex itself is not in the pillbox CA.

30.113 NCA DEFENSE MODIFICATION: This is the TEM applied to ordnance and FT attacks against the pillbox which do not originate from within the CA of the pillbox.

cooljrunner

Reaction score
First name
Jay
Country
llUnited States
Thanks gents. For some reason when I read the rules something like 5 times myself I can’t find or figure the answer, yet so easily understood when someone explains it. Thanks again.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Thanks gents. For some reason when I read the rules something like 5 times myself I can’t find or figure the answer, yet so easily understood when someone explains it. Thanks again.
I was going to answer (apparently mistakenly) that it couldn't fire in-hex at all, but now think I was confusing the FT (or LATW) with Infantry FP. Time for ME to re-read the PB rules! 😕

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I was going to answer (apparently mistakenly) that it couldn't fire in-hex at all, but now think I was confusing the FT (or LATW) with Infantry FP. Time for ME to re-read the PB rules! 😕
I also hesitated here - I never seem to get the Pillbox rules properly rapped around my head...
Most attacks using the IFT are NA through the NCA, thus may not be used from outside the Pillbox, in the latter's hex - but FT seems to be the exception indeed.
B30.113 NCA DEFENSE MODIFICATION: This is the TEM applied to ordnance and FT attacks against the pillbox which do not originate from within the CA of the pillbox [EXC: AP; 30.35] or are made by Indirect or Aerial fire. CH are resolved normally [EXC: the NCA TEM is considered to be zero for CH resolution]. Canister, MG, IFE and Small Arms fire vs a pillbox, as well as WP NMC vs pillbox occupants (30.34), are NA through its NCA).