FKAC! FKAC! FKAC!

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
People need encouragement, play cool commonwealth scenarios or CG's, post AAR's and what not then people might say, "WoW, I gotta play those kool scenarios, but my Brits are in ratty condition, whoa mohammad, MMP has a brand spakin new FKaC up for pre order, time to order!"

I ordered two FkaC's!

Scott
My brother ordered one copy as well, even though I didn't think we needed it. We usually only get the reprints if they contain the updated rules, eg, Rising Sun. He said our brit counters needed updated so he ordered it. We may get it in a couple years or so...: (

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You see. That's the issue.

GURKHAs .. now THESE guys are cool. Tell people about the GURKHAs. Gurkhas make the IJA run for their lives.

AYO GORKHALI!!!!!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
You see. That's the issue.

GURKHAs .. now THESE guys are cool. Tell people about the GURKHAs. Gurkhas make the IJA run for their lives.

AYO GORKHALI!!!!!
"Ayo Gurkhali" is a Schwerpunkt scenario. You won't get it in "For King and Country."

JR

ReggieRed

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So would it be legit to pre-order 275 FKaC units at $90 each to get the module printed, drive to Maryland to pick them all up to avoid the shipping, keep one to play with the Brits, and then turn around and sell the other 274 on eBay at $300 a pop? Asking for a friend...

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So would it be legit to pre-order 275 FKaC units at $90 each to get the module printed, drive to Maryland to pick them all up to avoid the shipping, keep one to play with the Brits, and then turn around and sell the other 274 on eBay at $300 a pop? Asking for a friend...
Sure.

"Business is business."

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I'd take into account, that MMP would print more than the Preorder number. So for quite a while, I reckon there won't be any selling the other 274 on eBay at $300 a pop as MMP will be able to continue to sell at $90 or the non-preorder price. Your friend would need patience to wait until the MMP stock (and that of retailers) runs out before prices would rise significantly again. And even if he could sell for $300 a pop, he' still need to sell more than 80 at that price before breaking even. Not even talking about the fuss for all those auctions, shipping stuff, things getting lost, people not paying etc.

I'd call that somewhat of a tall order.

But from a solely personal perspective, I would advise him to pull it off if he can spare the $25,000:
  1. It will make FKAC available sooner for many people.
  2. It will keep MMP funded, which is fine for the hobby.
  3. When they're done with FKAC, MMP will likely go for the (re-)print of the next one which is OoP.
So - I am all for letting him go for it.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd take into account, that MMP would print more than the Preorder number. So for quite a while, I reckon there won't be any selling the other 274 on eBay at $300 a pop as MMP will be able to continue to sell at $90. Your friend would need patience to wait until the MMP stock (and that of retailers) runs out before prices would rise significantly again. And even if he could sell for $300 a pop, he' still need to sell more than 80 at that price before breaking even. Not even talking about the fuss for all those auctions, shipping stuff, things getting lost, people not paying etc.

But from a solely personal perspective, I would advise him to pull it off if he can spare the $25,000:
  3. When they're done with FKAC, MMP will likely go for the (re-)print of the next one which is OoP.

von Marwitz
DebbieDowner.jpeg

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd take into account, that MMP would print more than the Preorder number. So for quite a while, I reckon there won't be any selling the other 274 on eBay at $300 a pop as MMP will be able to continue to sell at $90. Your friend would need patience to wait until the MMP stock (and that of retailers) runs out before prices would rise significantly again. And even if he could sell for $300 a pop, he' still need to sell more than 80 at that price before breaking even. Not even talking about the fuss for all those auctions, shipping stuff, things getting lost, people not paying etc.

von Marwitz
More so, you would think MMP would just produce another 500 when they are down to 20 left from this batch, thus destroying the hijack game market (aka Ebay). Also, wouldn't MMP just state they are out and sell them for $300 on hijacked status if they want to go ghosting?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
More so, you would think MMP would just produce another 500 when they are down to 20 left from this batch, thus destroying the hijack game market (aka Ebay). Also, wouldn't MMP just state they are out and sell them for $300 on hijacked status if they want to go ghosting?
Maybe it is due time to create a market for FKAC equity warrants at long last...

von Marwitz

ReggieRed

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd take into account, that MMP would print more than the Preorder number. So for quite a while, I reckon there won't be any selling the other 274 on eBay at $300 a pop as MMP will be able to continue to sell at $90 or the non-preorder price. Your friend would need patience to wait until the MMP stock (and that of retailers) runs out before prices would rise significantly again. And even if he could sell for $300 a pop, he' still need to sell more than 80 at that price before breaking even. Not even talking about the fuss for all those auctions, shipping stuff, things getting lost, people not paying etc.

von Marwitz
Well, as much as I, er...I mean my friend...would like to put out $25,000 in a purely altruistic fashion to further the hobby, my wife, er...I mean my friend's financial advisor...would expect some form of return on investment to OK the purchase. So I guess my friend is going to have to wait for 275 other souls to see it in their heart to pre-order it.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's Capitalism. Some American wrote a big book on it.

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LOL :rofl::rolleyes: