Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Where can one find the errata about the British Churchill movement rules? :rolleyes:

Didn't MMP promise come counters and information in a "ASL Journal"? or in the ghost module AoO? :violin:

It would be cool to have a downloadable thing : I didn't purchase FKaC, as I have WoA, believing this errata would easily be at hand... :(

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think that the errata consisted of a slight change in the rules for movement. IIRC (I don't have FKaC either) a churchill can cross a double crest line by passing a bog check (not sure of the MP cost). Since I rarely play with churchills, and even more rarely want to drive a tank up a double crest I have not concerned myself with it.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I also thought it spent only 2 MP + COT to move uphill... but, as I don't know where to find these errata without purchasing FKaC...
I do play Churchills sometimes. Trying to make them cross a double crest could only be a new experience, as vehicles (barring road) normally cannot.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robin said:
I also thought it spent only 2 MP + COT to move uphill...
No, this is not the case. The major change (if you can call it that) is that churchills can cross double crests, making them the only vehicles that can do that.

tommyl

Reaction score
First name
Tommy
Country
llUnited States
British Multi-Applicable Vehicle Notes:

CC: The Churchill's combination of gear ratios and track length enabled it to climb steep gradients that would have defeated most other tanks. Therefore, a Churchill tank [EXC: while the Bridgelayer is carrying a bridge, the AVRE is carrying a facine, or the Crocodile has its trailer hooked up] pays only 2 MP when ascending each intermediate level of an Abrupt Elevation Change (B10.51) instead of the normal 4 MP, and can cross a Double-Crest (or Crest-line slope; Q3.53) hexside (B10.52) but must check for Bog (D8.21) with a +3 DRM.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thanks to all of you for the information!
Now when shall I apply that rule?
Perhaps with the crestline-slopes of the BtB hill...

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robin said:
Thanks to all of you for the information!
Now when shall I apply that rule?
Perhaps with the crestline-slopes of the BtB hill...
I do not know if the new rule applies to crestline-slopes, only to double crests. It seems logical that if you can drive a tank up 2 elevation changes then 1.75 would be doable as well, but when I read the rule I remember thinking that it was a question.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
tommyl said:
British Multi-Applicable Vehicle Notes:
... pays only 2 MP when ascending each intermediate level of an Abrupt Elevation Change (B10.51) instead of the normal 4 MP, and can cross a Double-Crest (or Crest-line slope; Q3.53) hexside (B10.52) but must check for Bog (D8.21) with a +3 DRM.
I was alluding to Tommyl's answer...