Fixes in the non-public versions (Current build: 2.3.65)

Cougar_DK

Former POA2 Thread Keeper
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Build 2.3.65 has been released, a very impressive list of changes this time. The new map stuff isn't here yet. But that and some updated documentation will come in the next couple of weeks.

See start of thread for a list of changes.

TDR

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Quick question re Arty and DF issues.
To be honest I have not looked too deeply at this, but has the Excalibur 155mm round been included in the game.
In a sence it dos not require visual spotting to control this but a "grid reference", (GPS point).

frostytank

Recruit
Reaction score
I had a bug, I couldnt move formations but Ive found a way round it ' you can create maneuver groups and command them as a formation, so Im now running without issue :)

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps the more correct comment would be "Can someone update this thread".
Yeah, where is the thing now? POA2 was basically stable until this 2.5 upgrade. Now it plays like crap. I revisit once a month because I am intrigued by the detail and theoretical capabilities, but end up shutting down after an hour

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe there is another patch on the way "soon". I also am rather aggravated that TU seems to have made POA2 less stable. We used POA2 professionally for quite awhile, and it worked great, but with the 2.5 that came as part of TU, it is less stable, and each new patch seems to be improving (slightly) TU, but making POA2 more and more unstable.
Nevertheless, as you said... the theoretical possibilities are enough to keep me around. I do expect it will be a great work eventually... I just wish that he had waited to release it, until it was. Now, by the time it is fixed, it will have to draw back fans who long ago have given up on a rather expensive game that for several years now has failed to live up to the billing.