Fixes in the non-public versions (Current build: 2.3.65)

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
thewood said:
I understand Scott's "balance" with work and life. But I have to say that using some kind of forum communication would alleviate some stress.
I do agree with you here, I personally would like to see HPS give input to WFHQ, even if it is only on the POA2 section, since we are doing our best to support POA2 and its future.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
As I have said in the past, let HPS know you would like to see them participate. It can't hurt to make your opinion known.

tws71669

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HercMighty said:
So I should be grateful I have a game that does not play? I should be grateful that beta testers say even though bugs are being fixed the game will still not be playable in the near future? I should be grateful I have to spend more money for a map maker so I can make more scenerios that won't work?
Not what I was saying... gratitude that the fates haven't abandoned you with software that never sees a patch is good luck these days. I cn think of any number companies that toss el-crapo game out the door to buyers and NEVER do a thing thereafter. So wherever Improvements are made that's something to be happy about.

[/QUOTE] I didn't release this game and call it good. I am not the one who won't come here and answer questions. I am not the one who won't return emails and leave gamers hanging.[/QUOTE]
I and many others get answers all the time....

[/QUOTE] So you take my money, sell me a game that doesn't work, ignore my emails on bug reports and then ask me to smile and be grateful? Where I come from they would tell you where to stick it.[/QUOTE]
You're were over reacting in a major way here. I never asked you to smile....

To confuse gratitude with grovelling is a mistake.
And if people tell you to stick it, I don't know what advice I can offer except that Humility really is an awsome virtue.
Hope this helps.

RedMike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unfortunately, build 121 is a bust for me. First I installed over my existing build 113 but it was riddled with C++ errors. So I uninstalled everything, cleaned up, and reinstalled from the CD. Then I applied the new build 121 patch and it's still riddled with C++ errors. I tried playing scenarios 3 and 7 with the same results. I don't think it's scenario related but maybe it is. Anyway, that's my sitrep.

Regards,

RdMike OUT

Cougar_DK

Former POA2 Thread Keeper
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Added the changes from 113 to 121.

RedMike I havent had a chance to test build 121 yet, but I will later today.

Mark

HercMighty

Reaction score
I had no problems, and can actually say that this is the best build so far. I haven't got a lot of playing time but so far it seems more like a first release than a beta release.

Cougar_DK

Former POA2 Thread Keeper
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Public version 125 released. See first post in thread.

And don't forget to take a look at the new tutorial for map making also at the HPS POA2 site (here)

Last edited:

tws71669

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To anyone getting the starup c+ error and having problems with the scenario creation screen... I had the same problems. What I did was a fresh install and patched up to beta 90, then I added 125 over 90.
Everything works fine now and seems speedier in play too!
Hope this helps...

tinjaw

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
tws71669 said:
To anyone getting the starup c+ error and having problems with the scenario creation screen... I had the same problems. What I did was a fresh install and patched up to beta 90, then I added 125 over 90.
Everything works fine now and seems speedier in play too!
Hope this helps...
Last night I did a fresh install off the CD and then 125 and had the C++ Errors. I will try what you did with 90 first if you can tell me where to download a copy. I was hoping to play some this weekend.

tws71669

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know, I think they were taken down after the latest round of updates but I might be able to email you the file, depends on what size your mailbox can handle... otherwise I'll use my yahoo breifcase. Let me know

tinjaw

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Old Versions

Does anybody have the old patches available? Can you tell me where to get 90 or email it to me?

thanx,
tinjaw

XRAY

Reaction score
Country
ll
Send me your email address and I’ll try to send it to you if your mailbox can receive large files. It’s over 2Mb zipped.

Peter

Fidelis@btinternet.com