Five Days in May CG SSR Question

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure if I am reading the KGS CGII SSR (below) correctly......

"I.6 The Russians may attack in all Quadrants on all Non-Idle Dates [EXC; Purple is always NA]. They may purchase C and I class RG only for > 2 Quadrants on Day 1. Grey Quadrant elements may only enter on/between A25-A40."

Does this SSR mean.... if the Russian Player buys any C or I class RGs on Day 1, then he must buy at least a C or I for at least two three Quadrants?

As an example, the Russian player wants to buy RG C1 (T-60 Platoon) for the Yellow Quadrant, then he must buy at least one C or I RG for either the Blue, Red, or Grey Quadrants?

Thanks
Velo

Last edited:

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No response received, so we have decided to adopt the following "House Rule":

If the Russian Player buys any C or I class RGs on Day 1, then he must buy at least a C or I RG for at least three Quadrants?

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Question 1 - means what it says - attack in all Quadrants on non-idle days except Purple. On Day 1 of the CG they may purchase only C and I units in greater than 2 of the Quadrants - meaning that O, A, H, F, W, S,, and T are not allowed in those three areas on day 1. However for the 4th quadrant they could make those purchases.

Question 2 - the perimeter of the Block is the Fanatic Strongpoint - that means that any German unit within the Block receives the benefit. Any fortification of the building would be up to the German player. They may or may not fortify buildings - it does not affect the fanatic benefits.

Hope this helps!

X

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
X - Thanks; looks like a need to significantly change my RG purchases based on Question 1 response. At least we will have it correct prior to rolling dice!

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
X - follow-up question on I6 wording... "They may purchase C and I class RG only for > 2 Quadrants on Day 1".

I am confused by the "may... only" wording. (Perhaps I am over thinking it!)

Does that mean that if the the Russian player purchases ANY C and / or I RG with his CG start 24 CPP, then he MUST purchase C and / or I RG in three Quadrants?

or

Can I just purchase C and / or I for purchase C and / or I RG for one Quadrant? or two Quadrants?

Thanks,
Velo