0 NVKD-Units(24)
0 Artillery (11)
3 Infantry-Divisions (70)
0 Tank-Divisions (19)
0 mechCorps (7)
0 Corps-HQ (8)
0 Air Brigade (1)

and several small units.

Well, and then the OKH presents the own casualities...

Last edited:

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
Re: Turn 13

In our soap „Good times, bad times“, we can proud present the „good times“. Victories on all fronts, one could say. At least, if we talk about north and south and ignore the middle part of the front.

In the south the enemy flees and we capture whatever we find. Nearly 30 divisions of the Red Army are destroyed, the Russian north fleet either. Buarhahrahrhar!

Heeresgruppe Nord:

Narva i staken. The Kriegsmarine engages the russian fleet. One heavy cruiser is damaged, but the Russians loose one cruiser, one destroyer and a battleship. Our JU-87 do the rest and sink 5 destroyers. Two Russian fleet-counters are disolved.

Heeresgruppe Mitte:

Nothing new.

Heeresgruppe Süd

Here the hardest fighting is done. Kiev is besieged and cut off from supply.

South of Kiev large numbers of Sowjets are forced to surrender.

Here the most important cauldron. All this troops were destroyed this turn.

We’re going east again…

Luftwaffe: 68:152.

OKH believes, that about 20 or 30 more divisions are trapped. General Cfant is pleased – a seldom moment. ;) The Wehrmacht will be eating goulash out of a copper kettle, one could say…

Destroyed enemy units:

Feindverluste:

2 NVKD-Units (26)
1 Artillery (12)
20 Infantry-Divisions (90)
1 Tankdivisions (20)
3 mechCorps (10)
1 Corps-HQ (9)
2 Air Brigade (3)

and four other divs (Cavalry, etc...)

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
Re: Turn 13

Turn 18:

The offensive has stalled everywhere. Leningrad, well, will stay Russian, I guess. Maybe I should play WitP, because sinking ships is the only thing that works according to plan ;)

The enemy has partly three defensive lines. Should be forbitten! :) I don’t think, that I can achieve a breakthrough against such masses.

][/CENTER]

The Russian hordes only have supersoldiers in their ranks. A MG-Regiment holds against 8 (!) attacks of armored forces. So a breakthrough to open ground is denied (again). Kharkov is quite far away, the Führer orders large numbers of Zyankali already.

In the south the OKH should have sent much more troops. A desperate offensive starts, after a lot of artillery is brought in. In best WW I – style thousands of brave men die to get 2 or 3 hexes.
Oh,oh. Doesn’t look bright, the future of the German Empire ;)

Last edited:

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
The apokalypse is on the way. Unstoppable, as I may ad. We have August, 31st, 1941 – and the Wehrmacht is in the state of late 1944… ouch!

The best are dead – dying at the three-tiered defensive lines of my enemy. In desperation I launched a landing operation against Archalgans (would give -5 supply to the Russians and was defended by just one unit), but it worked out badly. My boys take a bath, I fear. An ETE the turn before costed an SS and a PzGrenReg-unit. Sounds bad? Not really. The real bad news are, that an Panzerdivision has evaporated in an attack. And a scout (who will not be reconstituted). But I have positive news either: It’s just a game, thank god for that!

I’ll try a last offensive towards Stalino and Kharkov. But defeat is at hand.

Although the enemay bleeds (6 Infdivs, 1 Ari, 1 Airbrigade and other units this turn), we no longer can deny:

Just 100 KM from Leningrad

History has spoken it’s verdict. I have *hüstelhüstel*

200 HRS

On hand. And yes, I know, that’s not much! :D

No problem, I guess. The time of revenge will come…

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
An ETE on turn 23 doesn’t really help the german war effort.

The situation:

Leningrad:

Raum Kiev:

The brave defenders go down. Nothing to eat since weeks brings them down ;) The latest offensive led to some cauldrons. Won’t really hurt the Russians…

Süden:

And so, what do we learn from that war?

"Russia is no land, one can simply conquer, at least not with the forces of European nations. Such a land can only be brought down by own weakness and inner troubles. "

True, Mr. Clausewitz, absolutely true!

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
Turn 24. We march on. In the north

And in the south. Zaparsomething is cut off from supply. The city would reduce Russian replacements.

150 KM east of Kiev several Sowjet units are destroyed.

The Luftwaffe starts a new offensive. 95:331 losses – well, won’t make a change, I guess.

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
Turn 25. A new attempt, a new failure ;)

We try the lines north of Smolensk. As usual it takes to long to rout the Russian defenders – we cannot advance then. The Brandenburgers try to hold the way open for the tanks.

Same in the south. Even if the enemy retreats, my troops deny any advance.

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
AARGH! Opening the turn, I find an important rail-point in the hands of partisans! (The picture was taken later, when the Guerrillas were already destroyed). The bridge was not destroyed, the situation is under control again.

And now to the great Tirpitz-Show ;) She sinks several Sowjet ships, nice, isn’t it?

Leningrad is near, but too far at the same time…

[/CENTER​

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
The Brandenburgers survive. Tanks break up the enemy line, but – as always – can’t advance. A problem I ecounter three times all over the front this turn 

Heavy fighting in the streets of Smolensk, but the city i staken. I had no longer believed it.

Success in the south, too: In just one week, our tanks have broken through, rolled 30 KM to the city and took Odessa. 

Who would doubt, that General Cfant is a…

[/

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
The good news: The cities are still in germand hands, Russia lost the industry of Odessa and Smolensk. Pure luck, I guess. 20 HRS were left at the end of the Russian counterattacks. Reinforcements have already arrived.

The bad news:

But you must not fear: The boys from the 1st Panzerdivision were relieved and the Russians suffered high losses.

Our artillery fires on russian airfields.

A VVS-unit evaporates.

But now. A tank unit attacks an MP-regiment of Russia (digged in on „D“). An, äh, easy victory…

And so a pelasent turn turns into desaster. Fortuna has left the Reich…

I 9 InfDivs, 1 NKVD, 3 CavDivs, 1 MechDiv, 1 HQ and 1 Marines Brigade were destroyed at least.

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
And here, the story ends. Berlin presents a new Reichsflag:

Germany surrenders. The facts: I won’t reach any further production centers and there will not even reach the historical frontlines of 41. 40% of my infantry is out of business, tanks have lost 38%, Airforce 45%. It’s over.
I told my opponent at the start of the game, that I would give up, if I stay behind the historical advance. So he already waited for my surrender ;) It was my first attempt in FitE and it was quite an experience, although too time consuming, even after the first turns were played.

Thanks for reading and thanks and gratulations to my opponent. So, and now I take my Zyankali-capsula. :)

ogar

Reaction score
Thanks for the wrap-up. Your AARs are always a treat to read - something unexpected all the time. Are you planning a new one ?

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
Thanks for you nice words, Ogar! Always expect my defeat, and you will never be surprised! :D But I’m planning no new AAR. After playing a lot of TOAW-Pbems in the last two years, I’m somehow satisfied. It’s also quite time-consuming, even more so when writing an AAR. But who knows, maybe the fever hits again one day. :)