First Special Service Force scenarios

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
Besides A19 "Cat and Mouse", CDN20 "The Black Devils of Anzio:, and AP80 "A Bloody Waste"does any know of any more FSSF scenarios?
I know Lone Canuck is doing a scenario pack for the FSSF at Anzio.
Thanks
Dave

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lone Canuck Facebook page will show what he has in development. Testing this now and it is fun!

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Lost Highway", I cant remember which AP it came in off the top of my head though..

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
V23 TIGER AT THE BAY from View from the Trenches and a couple from Vae Victis French magazine VV77 "Rome, Ville Ouverte?" and VV86 "Das Dicke Ende Kommt Noch!"

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LCP FSSF pack looks like a very good pack;cant wait to see the finished version.

There are two SASL Missions that were done years ago titled "Cat and Mouse" and "Cats and Mice" that may be found at link below,if links to the PDF's still work.
https://web.archive.org/web/20050209181749/web.aanet.com.au/1grb/

The webpage was an entire SASL Campaign with many of the Missions being able to accommodate use of FSSF.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Incredible combat unit.
Some more information is coming to light now about how dysfunctional the command elements of the FSSF were at times. The Canadian-American relationship was also more complicated than the hagiographies written by former Force members would suggest. Ken Joyce wrote a good book with an extremely obscure and unfortunate title which makes it hard to find ("Snow Plough and the Jupiter Deception".)

Agreed that the unit had very well conditioned and trained troops - but with *that* much training (amphibious, parachute, ski, mountain) they were a luxury, which is why they were disbanded after DRAGOON. Sadly they were of more use in the regular parachute and infantry units than as elite commandos.

Last edited:

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Vae Victis scenario VV86 (Das Dicke Ende Kommt Noch !) pits the FSSF against a mix of Germans and Italians. I recall it to be a fun scenario.

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Lone Canuck proofreading and historical reserch is up to its usual standards.

On the product page on LC site, you find a map with a village called Sessuno, the scenario list repost WCR-3 Raid at Sussuno
it's most unfortunate that there is no Sessuno or Sussuno over there.
On that spot there was a village called Sessano that changed its name into Borgo Pogdora.

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Vinnie, LC gets money for its products, they aren't giving them away for free.
A friend of mine is painstakingly researching its gaming map in Libraries all around the Globe, I cannot avoid to compare his approach with that of LC (of which incidentally I own all modules up to Hell's Highway).

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Lone Canuck proofreading and historical reserch is up to its usual standards.

On the product page on LC site, you find a map with a village called Sessuno, the scenario list repost WCR-3 Raid at Sussuno
it's most unfortunate that there is no Sessuno or Sussuno over there.
On that spot there was a village called Sessano that changed its name into Borgo Pogdora.
It's possible the Allies called it something else - some maps - particularly for Russia and Italy - were notoriously inaccurate.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
For example, Allied maps referred to Pointe du Hoe (sic) in Normandy, and I think that designation even made its way into some official histories. Of course, the place is actually Pointe du Hoc.