First SK game in progress

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Me and a co-worker. I've had most of the ASL modules sitting in the garage for 20 years. Talking with a co-worker we decided to start playing. He was a Squad Leader player way back when but never ASL.

Here is our progress after 2 turns. I'm the Germans. Having fun. The Americans at L3 should all be stacked. They slid while moving the board
IMG_3026.JPG

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hope you guys have a good time with it. Feel free to ask rules questions here or on the Facebook, ASL forums.

Hemaelstrom

Reaction score
Country
llCongo
The Germans must be unimpressed by L3's lack of vertical discipline. Thanks for sharing.

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hope you guys have a good time with it. Feel free to ask rules questions here or on the Facebook, ASL forums.
Guys

Carl summed up my thoughts pretty well, enjoy the "journey"!!

Regards
Joe

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How did this play out Ric? Have you played other scenarios?

If you are looking for someone to VASL with to help you learn the rules and tactics, my daughter is a good mentor.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How did this play out Ric? Have you played other scenarios?

If you are looking for someone to VASL with to help you learn the rules and tactics, my daughter is a good mentor.
  • US had two sides of the town surrounded by end of Turn 3 with only Germans in the town.
  • US turn 4 my opponent decide it was time to bust a move. US lost two squads, two casualty reduction and two broken squads. Germans sitting pretty.
  • Two remaining US HS advance in to close combat, each against a full German squad and a leader 8-1 in one hex and 9-1 in the other.
  • First HS wins CC and gains victory building, second is eliminated as well as the German full squad and Leader.
  • US turn 5, most of his units rally. He attacks and gains the building. Nothing the Germans can do to get them back
We are 3.5 turns into War of the Rats.