First 'pack' released!!!!!

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, you are saying that you can't access the included manual for this 'pack'? Wouldn't the manual be the primary source for how this new AFV are FUNCTIONALLY used? It certainly appears from the video that the sappers are passengers within a tank and can be used outside the tank (they appear to have a sten, bren and a MG and demo charges) while the tank is still crewed by three other men.
I can (well...not right now but on my home computer) but the manual only describes what a vehicle is. Not the mechanics of how to use it in game. I thin that is the way all the manuals have been for all CM games. I haven't had a chance to play with it like I said I would. The weird thing about the video is that you can't see what he does to get the team. He must use a Hotkey because there is no floating icon for it appears. I guess after trick or treating tonight I will have to fire it up.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How is the modeling of the flame-throwing vehicle effect?

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
How is the modeling of the flame-throwing vehicle effect?
It might be tweaked, but who know's, I don't think they are modeling flame as far as building fires. I imagine a croc would make a building an inferno in a burst or two IRL.

Speaking of flames, there seems to be some heated arguments over at BF. I am amazed at my timing and predictions in my first post here. BF has stepped in it. Again.

Perhaps Steve thinks he is Sgt Hulka?

[video=youtube;PtbBmwgxKc0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtbBmwgxKc0[/video]

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It certainly appears from the video that the sappers are passengers within a tank and can be used outside the tank (they appear to have a sten, bren and a MG and demo charges) while the tank is still crewed by three other men.
You were right and I was wrong.

I went in and bought a Section of a Troop this morning. It came with 2 AVREs and 2 Breech teams. One Breech team was inside an AVRE. The other was riding on a small vehicle (I forgot to take note of what kind). The team that was with the AVRE was inside it and had a floating icon above the tank.

I sit corrected.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Testy...
Unread Today, 04:44 PM

Buncha slack jawed faggits in this thread, complaining about $20, when they should start playing some PBEMs, instead of being girly-men and sissyfying the whole forum with their whiney assed bull****.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9-GtzLljPU

Meet me on WeBoB if you want me to STFU.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I see BF is now blathering about "take it or leave it". Again, they miss the real opportunity. But, at this point, everyone should just shake their heads and know it's in their DNA. Dickering is as Dickering does.

Steve says there are (suddenly BTW) three flavors of packs. Small, Mediums and 'The Large'. The initial one unleashed after an extraordinary amount of time, it seems, is a 'Large'. I gotta be honest here...I could not tell you when these 'packs' were first 'announced'. It has been a long time coming, and as I predicted, it becomes another 'BF-Rollout-Cluster-Phuck". I would have bet money on it. It's ingrained. At this point, I just zap the microwave popcorn, crack the beers and wonder how these people got what they have in the first place.

Why they would not have tested the waters much earlier with a 'Small' pack is beyond me. An 'Airbourne' pack that can help the base game model the heroic and pitched battles IN Normandy comes to mind. I am talking at least over a year or more ago. Outsource this to talented people and review it and make a product rollout that sets a standard. Seems now, everything is jobbed out and no one is keeping track of what is actually being done.

I see no Quality Management. I see no Management. I don't blame the 'Volleys' and just snicker at the fanbois gone wild. The voice of critical feedback has been squelched and BF has learned much from the awful state of democracy in America.

One can only sit back and shake one's head.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
If that is seen by the powers that be I would imagine that Doug Williams will be getting a warning. The "faggits" part crosses the line. Probably not enough for banning.....
...or even to lock the thread either! I suppose Steve wants all the fanbois to pile on. So much 'great' info keeps coming out of that thread...

Some people are pointing out that the real price (not the argument that 20 bucks is nothing and therefore I call you a gaygula-pussyboy), is up there as far as the 'CMBN Family'. $150 plus bucks. And even BF is stating that its an old system. Why BF would say that, or many things, is a mystery. But, if they want any more of my money for the CMBN family, and I have bought in, then they need to give some sort of bundle deal. The products have become so oddly marketed that the only market is the 5000-15000 people that can follow the marketing.

Clearly the pack is aimed at CommonWealth battles. The pack should be bundled with the CW module or the MG module. I have no idea why they are doing The Big Bundles. Ponderous...