First Hedgerow Hell tournament in Normandy april 20-22 2019

Lorenzo26

bleu de chez bleu
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Organized in Ver (50450- 1 hour from Rennes and 1 hour from Caen) ; 5 rounds. Fisrst round 4/20 morning, last one 4/22 morning.
Cost for all prestations (playing hall, room, meals,...) will be around 180€.
If interested, please contact me via pm.
Thanks.

Last edited:

carlcarlsen

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Very tempting. How to you get to "Ver" from any international airport (probably Paris)? Will you have a pre-published scenario list? Any special Theme for the tournament?
Magnus

Lorenzo26

bleu de chez bleu
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Ver is 1 hour by car from Rennes and Caen, 3h30 from Paris.
You are the first player to manifest some interest. If no player from Paris is coming, the best is to take the Paris-Granville train line and stop at Villedieu.
If less than 8 players interested, i will not organize the tournament but the meeting will be maintained (it's a national wargame convention).
For scenarii, i will publish the list un february ; classical format with a choice of 3 by round. One particularity, each round will have also one sk and/or one full infantry scenario for starting players ; one of the both will be a must play if a player is labelled a "debutant".

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Very tempting. How to you get to "Ver" from any international airport (probably Paris)?
As that weekend marks the beginning of a school break, expect heavy traffic on Friday afternoon from Paris to Normandy, lengthening travel time by 1 to 2 hours. Weather may have an impact (more people will leave Paris if weather is expected to be good). And pick a GPS at the car rental desk, it's a small town.

Lorenzo26

bleu de chez bleu
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
A small village Georges !
The best is the tarin since i can pick up players in Villedieu station.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
By train it would roughly be the same time:

- 80-minute 'bus direct' ride between Charles de Gaulle airport and the Montparnasse train station
+
- 3h average train ride between Paris and Villedieu-les-Poeles (one train every two-three hours)

To avoid misunderstandings from our foreign friends, a little edition of the last paragraph:

For scenarii, i will publish the list un february ; classical format with a choice of 3 by round. One particularity, each round will have also one sk and/or one full infantry scenario for starting players ; one of the both will be a must play if a player is labelled a "debutant".
Edition: For scenarios i will release the list in February; classical format with 3 scenarios per round. However each round will also feature a ASLSK/ASL infantry-only scenario which shall be played instead if your opponent is deemed to be by the TD a 'beginner'.

I hope this helps.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
- 80-minute 'bus direct' ride between Charles de Gaulle airport and the Montparnasse train station
+
- 3h average train ride between Paris and Villedieu-les-Poeles (one train every two-three hours)
Odds of a strike with good Summer weather? -- jim