First Fire and BFF doubts

almogaver266

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Hello all

Situation ocurred in ASL76, End of the ninth

A PSW231 enter a hex, stops and fire at a Panhard P178, shocking it and retaining ROF; in the next MP expenditure, the PSW231 starts, but just at this moment, a 37* INF gun fires at the PSW231 and inmobilize it, retaining its ROF too.

My doubts is:
If the now inmobilized PSW231 still has MP to expend, are these MP considered expended in this hex due to the forced stop?

Can the PSW231 make further BFF shots in this MPh by expending delay MPs, if the remaining are considered unused?

Thanks for all
Txema

LDM

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ya know, Im gonna have ta find a map to see where ya'll is at.... :)
My call. The German is screwwed, MA has rate and may use it in the AdvFPh. The *37 may not fire at the AC more times then the # of movement pts spent there.So, during DefFPh, it may fire again.Unless it dies a horrible death (it rightly deserves) before it can fire again.Or it fires at another target in LOS during the MovementPh/Def First fire.
Any one else??

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the now inmobilized PSW231 still has MP to expend, are these MP considered expended in this hex due to the forced stop?
"A vehicle which ends its MPh with MP remaining is assumed to use all those MP in that hex." [D2.1]

This really doesn't say how the vehicle ended its MPh, so presumably it doesn't matter. If a vehicle becomes Immobilized with MP remaining, those remaining MP are considered spent in that hex, with the attendant ramifications for Defensive First Fire.

Can the PSW231 make further BFF shots in this MPh by expending delay MPs, if the remaining are considered unused?
"Assuming an Inherent crew that is not broken/stunned/shocked, a bogged/immobilized vehicle may still expend MP for 'non-movement' purposes (e.g., to change TCA, [un]load PRC, fire Smoke Dispensers, etc.), and its firing capabilities are unchanged except as related to its inability to change VCA." [D8.5]

Based on that, I would say the PSW231 may indeed continue to expend Delay MP, and use Bounding First Fire as applicable.

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

LDM

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Good call there.I will have to remember that in the future :surprise: