Firing out of hex with an enemy Vehicle in the hex - are they in embrace or is it legal - rules Q

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

As I loose to the fantastic rolls of my esteemed opponent Duncan

I AM playing a nice one from the AP series - AP131 and he moves a T34/85 up the road (valley of death carrying his wonderful 628 on board

He then stops in my hex wit the very petrified German Half Track:eek: and targets a Panther 3 hexes away on bounding fire firm his T34/85
but Despite me scouring the rules looking for the rule that he can only target the in-hex vehicle (distant memory! jogged) - I CANNOT FIND THE RULE TO STOP HIM - Please HELP

Gotta LOVE ASL
His fire - of course snakes - burns the panther to a crisp (after surviving two panther shots where I rolls 9's of course) - what a tank!

Sooo - A rule to stop him firing out of the hex would be helpful:unsure:

Cheers

Rob:)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
A7.212 TARGET SELECTION LIMITS: A unit does not have the freedom to attack units in other Locations while its own Location is occupied by a Known enemy unit (even if disrupted) unless the only known enemy unit in its Location is an unarmed, unarmored vehicle.

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The 34/85 went and "freezed" himself. It's an important tactic, Duncan (used to prevent a well positioned nasty from shooting out of the hex) - if you search the game squad forum for sleaze freeze -- there's quite a bit written about it as the rule has been somewhat controversial largely because it is very powerful in game terms but some find its typical deliberate use a bit weird looking...)

By the way, suppose the German halftrack wanted to freeze a t34's fire during the german Mph ... and so the halftrack moves into the t34 location.... buzzz not allowed! The halftrack is forbidden from entering as it lacks a weapon that can penetrate the weakest listed armor on the AFV (iirc). So the halftrack can't freeze the T34/85 deliberately... even though in the case you've given the t34 has restricted itself by entering the halftrack's location.

*edit... sorry, i misspoke - you arent Duncan.... that was the opponent! But you knew that.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The 34/85 went and "freezed" himself. It's an important tactic, Duncan (used to prevent a well positioned nasty from shooting out of the hex) - if you search the game squad forum for sleaze freeze -- there's quite a bit written about it as the rule has been somewhat controversial largely because it is very powerful in game terms but some find its typical deliberate use a bit weird looking...)

By the way, suppose the German halftrack wanted to freeze a t34's fire during the german Mph ... and so the halftrack moves into the t34 location.... buzzz not allowed! The halftrack is forbidden from entering as it lacks a weapon that can penetrate the weakest listed armor on the AFV (iirc). So the halftrack can't freeze the T34/85 deliberately... even though in the case you've given the t34 has restricted itself by entering the halftrack's location.

*edit... sorry, i misspoke - you arent Duncan.... that was the opponent! But you knew that.
The ht can enter the T34 hex but cannot stop. This could be important if it wanted to shoot the squad off the back of a tank as entering gets tripled fire as opposed to doubled.

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The ht can enter the T34 hex but cannot stop. This could be important if it wanted to shoot the squad off the back of a tank as entering gets tripled fire as opposed to doubled.
Thank you for the correction!!!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The ht can't stop or the ht can't end the MPh in the T34's hex?

von Marwitz

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A halftrack would probably be best off doing an OVR to attack riders. If it just fires, the attack is at TPBF halved for Bounding Fire and halved for non-stopped fire. The OVR is at TPBF halved only once.

JR

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi all

Thank you Kind Sir's (all gentlemen I am sure!) for you information at this Merry Christmas Time :love:

Cheers

Rob :)