Firing into a hex with friendly and unfriendly units

ASLgord

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi everyone,

Here's a question. First I don't remember the circumstances under which we both ended up in the same hex NOT in melee however in his prep fire my opponent fired into a hex with both my units and his units stating that his units wouldn't be affected.

Sorry to be sketchy on this but I've been in the hospital for the past week and quite ill for the previous 3 weeks.

Later

Gord

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have no clue how they got there either - the only case I can think of is where a CC occurred and one side kept it's concealment.

As for the real question, if you are talking IFT fire, every vulnerable unit is affected, both enemy and yours.

Alan

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
ABills said:
I have no clue how they got there either - the only case I can think of is where a CC occurred and one side kept it's concealment.

As for the real question, if you are talking IFT fire, every vulnerable unit is affected, both enemy and yours.
Alan
I believe that is only true if they are in Melee.
See A7.4, first sentence.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
klasmalmstrom said:
ABills said:

Alan
I believe that is only true if they are in Melee.
See A7.4, first sentence.
7.4 TARGET DETERMINATlON: Except during Defensive First Fire (8.1), all the Personnel-units/ unarmored-vehicles/ Vulnerable-PRC in the same Location are considered targets of fire that does not have to specify a particular target, with the outcome of such fire affecting all those enemy (or Melee) units in the target Location (except those to which the LOF is blocked, such as being entrenched behind a wall [B9.21], Area Target Type [C3.33], or non-Crest units in a Depression [B20.92]).

what part of this is only true if in Melee?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ABills said:
7.4 TARGET DETERMINATlON: Except during Defensive First Fire (8.1), all the Personnel-units/ unarmored-vehicles/ Vulnerable-PRC in the same Location are considered targets of fire that does not have to specify a particular target, with the outcome of such fire affecting all those enemy (or Melee) units in the target Location (except those to which the LOF is blocked, such as being entrenched behind a wall [B9.21], Area Target Type [C3.33], or non-Crest units in a Depression [B20.92]).

what part of this is only true if in Melee?
The part preceding where it says "all those enemy (or Melee) units in the target Location".

Friendly units are not typically affected by friendly fire unless held in Melee or attacked by ATT. There may be some other exceptions that I can't think of right now, but those are the major two.