Fires and perimeters in RO

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I am not disputing that at the end of the scenario all those blaze counters will become gutted.

Let's just keep with the state of affairs as presented and piece it together.

Take the lower right section:

Its the end of the game...

All blaze will become gutted. No problem. [ The only issue I have is that anyone actually "controls" them]

Now the flame will become blaze and all adj hexes will become blaze = fire spread.. That is why the thing " gets out of hand"

The gutted section mentioned by another was because that had a blaze and the rest was probably an expansion of flames adjacent to it. That factory will be completely gutted next scenario...

It is a wonder how a factory catches fire at all, made of steel and all that... concrete floor presumably... ceiling 20 m high....

Maybe just the sides should catch fire and have instead a friendly party with balloons in the middle. A Top 10 before the next artillery barrage if you will....

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I am not disputing that at the end of the scenario all those blaze counters will become gutted.
You should be. The blaze counters do not become gutted. The blaze counters are removed. The building becomes gutted. I say again, building. All hexes. All locations. Every last one.

If this is the before (and there are no off-map blazes in building U28):
This is what should be on the map after applying O11.609ff:

Here I have marked all gutted hexes with a gutted counter. Ordinarily this is not necessary; only one gutted counter anywhere in the building will suffice. Or you could use the appropriate gutted overlay. This is why blazes do not get out of hand. Factories are one-and-done.

After the next played scenario, the U28 factory will be gutted too. Put down the overlay.

JR

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
So that indicates that F are the same as buildings, a kind of sudden death "guttedness".

So, 1 blaze in any factory means whole factory is hutted the next scenario.

An answer to that pretty much concludes this Q.

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Factories.. Just where does one start and the other begin?

Is there a distinction between Hall 4 and 6 plus NPS when it comes to the "sudden death" gutted thing. Thus if any hex of New Production Shop Hall 4 and 6 catches ablaze is the WHOLE complex gutted? ( Next scenario).

Thanks

( It's very important)

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Factories.. Just where does one start and the other begin?

Is there a distinction between Hall 4 and 6 plus NPS when it comes to the "sudden death" gutted thing. Thus if any hex of New Production Shop Hall 4 and 6 catches ablaze is the WHOLE complex gutted? ( Next scenario).

Thanks

( It's very important)
I assume you are talking about halls 3 and 6, as hall 4 is not connected to the 3/6 complex. Regardless of the descriptions, it's one big connected factory, and thus if any hex of it contained a Blaze at scenario end, the entire building would be gutted per O11.6095 for the next CG scenario.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
It's beginning to sound like fire insurance fraud.

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In Soviet Russia, Factory sets fire to you!

Then, Factory director and Fire Marshal are exposed as wreckers and shot.

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Sounds like a lot of combustibles are in there or perhaps some distillers of fine wine...