Fire lane on initial FP attack

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
But the Example says "Starts it's MPh". It doesn't matter if it is in the lane or not, what matters is if it is crossing the hex-side ALONG the grain. If crossing into the FL, you can attack in either way (your pick). If leaving the lane, the Snap Shot would be your only choice. Nice way to avoid the +3 of a building TEM. -- jim
Last sentence of EX: "the Snap Shot would occur as it crossed hexside J6-K6 regardless of whether or not it began its MPh in J6". The emphasis on beginning in J6 is because if a unit is moving from J6 to K6 the unit would be attacked in J6 as it entered and so would not be eligible for the Snap Shot unless the LOS to the hex center of J6 is blocked.

JR

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Last sentence of EX: "the Snap Shot would occur as it crossed hexside J6-K6 regardless of whether or not it began its MPh in J6". The emphasis on beginning in J6 is because if a unit is moving from J6 to K6 the unit would be attacked in J6 as it entered and so would not be eligible for the Snap Shot unless the LOS to the hex center of J6 is blocked.

JR
if LOS is blocked no residual in this hex and not Snap Shot possibility.. any FL needs a LOS to the center of the hex to place an effective residual in this hex and if no residual in the hex no attack possible, even if the Hexside is in the LOF of the MG.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
if LOS is blocked no residual in this hex and not Snap Shot possibility.. any FL needs a LOS to the center of the hex to place an effective residual in this hex and if no residual in the hex no attack possible, even if the Hexside is in the LOF of the MG.
Again, per the A9.221 EX last sentence: "unless no LOS existed from the MG to J6". That allows the Snap Shot on the J6/K6 hexside even though the unit enters J6 from a side other than K6. Ordinarily if it entered J6 from a side other than K6 it would be attacked normally in J6 and there is no option for a Snap Shot when it enters—it is not entering across the J6/K6 hexside—nor when it leaves—it has already been attacked by the Alternate Hex Grain Fire Lane Residual Fire Power.

JR

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Not sure what you mean without an image.. I know no snap shot to enter a hex without residual FL, because I asked this question directly to Perry time ago.. -it’s surely in the Klas compil- AND I know no residual FL if no LOS from the firer MG hex to the target hex.. I also asked specifically this question to Perry time ago. So no snap shot nor any other kind of residual attack from a FL when entering/exiting J6 if J6 is included in the alternate hex grain but no LOS from the center of the firer MG hex to the center of J6 even if the hexside crossed to enter/exit from J6 is in the LOF of the Firer MG.