Fire Lane and SFF

fanatic+1

Ryan Kent
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If a squad with a mg has laid a fire lane and first fired its inherent firepower can it subsequent first fire and what is the effect on the fire lane?

Crustav

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
NRBH
No, I think you may only TPBF wich cancels the fire lane.

Last edited:

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Whenever a unit uses Subsequent First Fire, it must use all MG/IFE in its possession (up to the units normal operation capabilities; 7.35-.353) as Subsequent First Fire or forfeit their use for the remainder of that Player Turn (barring FPF);

A MG may cancel its Fire Lane in order to gain freedom to fire elsewhere (/its manning Infantry may use Subsequent-First-Fire/FPF after establishing the Fire Lane) only if a TPBF/CC-Reaction-Fire situation occurs (8.312/D7.21)—in which case the Fire Lane must be cancelled

Last edited:

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Whenever a unit uses Subsequent First Fire, it must use all MG/IFE in its possession (up to the units normal operation capabilities; 7.35-.353) as Subsequent First Fire or forfeit their use for the remainder of that Player Turn (barring FPF);

A MG may cancel its Fire Lane in order to gain freedom to fire elsewhere (/its manning Infantry may use Subsequent-First-Fire/FPF after establishing the Fire Lane) only if a TPBF/CC-Reaction-Fire situation occurs (8.312/D7.21)—in which case the Fire Lane must be cancelled
This should win an award for awkward writing:

A MG may cancel its Fire Lane...only if [condition]---in which case the Fire Lane must be cancelled.

indy

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This should win an award for awkward writing:

A MG may cancel its Fire Lane...only if [condition]---in which case the Fire Lane must be cancelled.
indy
Completely agree -- working my thru ASLRB and had similar thought on how an FL can be cancelled. Assumed it was left in there as an Easter Egg to see who among us could recognize and comprehend a variant of Ye Olde High English concealed as ASLRB grammar.

Velo

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Actually, can't the MG SFF at another target, thus cancelling the FL?
That would be the may part.
And if subject to TBPF/CC reaction fire rules, would be the must part. Right?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Actually, can't the MG SFF at another target, thus cancelling the FL?
That would be the may part.
It isn't.

And if subject to TBPF/CC reaction fire rules, would be the must part. Right?
No.

Old official Q&A:
A9.223 If a unit fires a MG to create a firelane and then uses its Inherent FP as SFF later, does
this cancel the firelane?
A. A squad can fire its inherent FP as First Fire after previously firing only a MG to lay down a
firelane. A HS that has laid down a firelane (or a squad that has both laid down a firelane and used
its inherent FP as First Fire) cannot use SFF unless in a TPBF situation (which cancels the
firelane
). [An97]

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
It isn't.

No.

Old official Q&A:
A9.223 If a unit fires a MG to create a firelane and then uses its Inherent FP as SFF later, does
A. A squad can fire its inherent FP as First Fire after previously firing only a MG to lay down a
firelane. A HS that has laid down a firelane (or a squad that has both laid down a firelane and used
its inherent FP as First Fire) cannot use SFF unless in a TPBF situation (which cancels the
firelane
). [An97]
What about a full squad?
A Full squad is not excluded.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
What about a full squad?
A Full squad is not excluded.
It is the same for a full squad....A9.223 is clear (IMO):
"...A MG may cancel its Fire Lane in order to gain freedom to fire elsewhere (/its manning Infantry may use Subsequent-First-Fire/FPF after establishing the Fire Lane) only if a TPBF/CC-Reaction-Fire situation occurs (8.312/D7.21)...

...and the Q&A mentions it as well:
firelane). [An97]

Crustav

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hej Klas

Sorry if this is obvious.
But where do I find the Q&A for this? It is not on the MMP site and not in the GS Perry Sez document. Is it only in Annual '97?

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
The wording is less than optimal.
And common rule usages should be a bit more obvious.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
But where do I find the Q&A for this? It is not on the MMP site and not in the GS Perry Sez document. Is it only in Annual '97?
If you go to my Q&A collection page: http://klasm.com/ASL/ErrataQA/ErrataQA.html

There is a link called "Combined ASL Q&A file consisting of the Perry Sez from GameSquad file and the two Scott Romanowski files" - that file contains all the Q&A I collect here on GS plus the two older Q&A files that Scott Romanowski collected (way back when). That will give a large combined file.

Crustav

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
If you go to my Q&A collection page: http://klasm.com/ASL/ErrataQA/ErrataQA.html

There is a link called "Combined ASL Q&A file consisting of the Perry Sez from GameSquad file and the two Scott Romanowski files" - that file contains all the Q&A I collect here on GS plus the two older Q&A files that Scott Romanowski collected (way back when). That will give a large combined file.
Thank you!
A Q&A the size of the rulebook, I like it.
Is there any errata to this file? ;)

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I know there are some who have voiced the view that Q&A/errata. is not official until MMP publishes it. While Klas’ compiled Erratta is based on email from Perry, it is not officially published and is not covered by the erratta on the MMP site.

Any possibility of adding this compilation to the MMP site?

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
I know there are some who have voiced the view that Q&A/errata. is not official until MMP publishes it. While Klas’ compiled Erratta is based on email from Perry, it is not officially published and is not covered by the erratta on the MMP site.

Any possibility of adding this compilation to the MMP site?
It shouldn't be official, as not everyone spends days going over Q&A that is 100 pgs more than the RB...

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To the best of my knowledge there really has been no errata issued by Klas other than that of which he has made note of that already had been issued from MMP. Now there has been errata subsequently issued by MMP because of issues brought up by Klas' Q&A compilation, but do not believe the opposite is true. Answers to questions, yes; errata issued, no.