Fire Lane and Final Fire

aloha_brian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A squad successfully placed a fire lane shooting just a machine gun (and retaining it's inherent firepower). Later in the MPh; the squad shot it's inherent firepower at a unit and cowered, marking the squad and the machine gun with a final fire counter. Does that final fire marker on the machine gun cancel the fire lane? If so, can you provide a reference (we didn't see it as canceled under the list of things that cancel a fire lane).

Thanks,
Brian

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
...Later in the MPh; the squad shot it's inherent firepower at a unit and cowered, marking the squad and the machine gun with a final fire counter. Does that final fire marker on the machine gun cancel the fire lane..
No, the Fire Lane is not concealed in this situation.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A squad successfully placed a fire lane shooting just a machine gun (and retaining it's inherent firepower). Later in the MPh; the squad shot it's inherent firepower at a unit and cowered, marking the squad and the machine gun with a final fire counter. Does that final fire marker on the machine gun cancel the fire lane? If so, can you provide a reference (we didn't see it as canceled under the list of things that cancel a fire lane).
A9.223 gives the reasons that a firelane is canceled. Cowering/being marked with a Final Fire is not one of them. The firelane is maintained.

JR

Last edited:

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
A7.9 Cowering affects all fire except that from a SMC, berserk or Fanatic unit, Fire Lane, IFE, Canister, Aircraft, British Elite and First Line units, Finns, Sniper, ordnance, OBA, or any form of vehicular fire...

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Binchois, he was not SFFing his Inherent, but only FirstF it. I think the OP had it right.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Binchois, he was not SFFing his Inherent, but only FirstF it. I think the OP had it right.
Thanks! I had read the question wrong. But as you see above, caught the mistake and changed my answer (...though not quite fast enough for JR who scooped me by a second or two!)