Fire AT an AFV in bypass

fabiofotomoto

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hi,
in the prep fire the AT gun want to fire at the AFV in bypass in its hex24063. Which are the DRMs? Which is the target faces? has the gun change CA?. Thanks Fabio

WAMedic

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll give it a shot.

CA does not change when using Case E (unless DFF). (C5.51)

Firing in hex (Case E) 2x for woods = +4
Motion vehicle = +2
Acquired (guessing the -2 acq belongs to the AT gun) = -2
Target size = +1
Total DRM = +5

Any hit would be side hit (D2.32)

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
NRBH, but I think the gun would need to at the very least be pointed at the CAFP, which from the picture looks like 2 hex spines away which turns that shot into a Hail Mary. Any hit would be through the side facing.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
NRBH, but I think the gun would need to at the very least be pointed at the CAFP, which from the picture looks like 2 hex spines away.
Don't think so - odd as it migthseem....

C5.51:
"The firer’s CA does not change when using Case E to fire at a target in the same hex—unless firing during the opponent’s MPh as Defensive First Fire, in which case the firer’s CA is changed only as much as is necessary to include the hexside that moving unit used to enter that hex during that MPh. ..."

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Don't think so - odd as it migthseem....

C5.51:
"The firer’s CA does not change when using Case E to fire at a target in the same hex—unless firing during the opponent’s MPh as Defensive First Fire, in which case the firer’s CA is changed only as much as is necessary to include the hexside that moving unit used to enter that hex during that MPh. ..."
I stand corrected....although I agree that it seems more than a little bit odd....not that there is anything wrong with that.....