Finnish Scenario List

Sven

'Fin(n) Fan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy Folks!

I had a couple of questions about ASL Finn scenarios:

1. Is there some way to get a current list of all ASL scenarios (official and TPP) that involve the Finns?

2. What is the current status of the HP project? (sorry if I missed any recent posts on this).

Thanks very much!

--Sven

larth

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hakkaa Päälle!

Sven said:
. What is the current status of the HP project? (sorry if I missed any recent posts on this).
There was some info at this thread.

After the original submission to MMP back then, we have basically moved on to organize more playtesting of the scenarios, as well as having the texts proofed by ASL'ers actually speaking the language (which helped a lot!). There are minor changes to the Chapter H tables and the rules. We are also adding more scenarios to give MMP as much as possible to choose from (20+ now). We're looking for outside playtesters so if you're intrested let me know. As for the module itself, it will contain a complete OB for the Finns in their new colors so you can play it regardless of which BVversion you own.

Psuderman

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
larth said:
As for the module itself, it will contain a complete OB for the Finns in their new colors so you can play it regardless of which BVversion you own.
What is the proposed color for the new Finns?

Paul

Psuderman

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Duh - I actually knew that. (brainfart)

I was going to suggest that they be black on white. Built in winter camo!

Paul

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finn colors

White would be neat. Grey is too Italian.

larth

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
JRKrejsa said:
White would be neat. Grey is too Italian.
We had a long discussion on that, as white has usually been used for the Finnish counters in other wargames. Black (or blue) on white was cancelled becaused the information counters are white. Grey was selected because of the colour of the Finnish uniforms.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
JRKrejsa said:
Grey is too Italian.

I couldn't agree more! The Finn uniform was about as grey as the German uniform. Gray is too lame, too Italian.

Sven

'Fin(n) Fan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy!

Chas--thanks for the link; I appreciate it dude... And congrats on the little Feldwebel--what a great pic!! Let me know when you might be available for some live VASL again.... :D

Lars--thanks for the update. I'm interested in finding out some more about playtesting options (I'll contact you privately).

As to the Finn colors: A Touch of Grey works well for me!

Later!

--Sven

Sven

'Fin(n) Fan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SGT Holst said:
Hey Scott,

I've got the pack and the scenarios do indeed look interesting. Any word on when there might be VASL versions of the two board halves?

Also--if you'd like to play something out of there by VASL (live or PBEM) please let me know and maybe we can get a game going.

Later!

--Sven