Finnish LMG in BV3Ed

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was wondering if the LMG portrayed for the Finnish is just the German MG 34/42 or is it the Finnish Lahti-Saloranta M/26 and just has the same values in game. The drawing on the counter looks exactly the same, which makes me think they just used the German equipment. Is this changed in HP? Lastly, I searched hi and low and I found no proof of widespread use of German LMG buy indigenous Finnish Defense Forces. I am guessing those units attached to German command were differently outfitted.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I was wondering if the LMG portrayed for the Finnish is just the German MG 34/42 or is it the Finnish Lahti-Saloranta M/26 and just has the same values in game. The drawing on the counter looks exactly the same, which makes me think they just used the German equipment. Is this changed in HP? Lastly, I searched hi and low and I found no proof of widespread use of German LMG buy indigenous Finnish Defense Forces. I am guessing those units attached to German command were differently outfitted.
Finns did not use any German LMGs during WWII. The German MGs in BV have been completely replaced with correct equipment in Hakkaa Päälle!.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice! Thanks for the quick answer. Shame they couldn't include the correct equipment since they made the counters in Finnish colors anyway. Oh well, It was not like I was going to pass up a core module. Have you seen the 2017 Finnish War drama "Unknown Soldier", I thought it was very well done! I am sure as a Finn you a little more scrutinizing. :)