Finn Project

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
Scenario called Mutka Strikes Again using that board (BFP U). Nearly every game coming right down to the end. I played ftf twice. Lost as Russians when I needed a 7 or less in CC for the win😢 Won as Finns on last turn barely. HS with HMG broke the three adjacent squads that were coming in for the CC win. When testers ask to play it again it tends to indicate it is a pretty good scenario;)
I see you talked about board BFP U. So will there be more than 3 boards included?

PS. Played my first HP scenario last weekend. Getting ready!

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some great stuff. One of the fortified Mannerheim Line scenarios, "Attacking the Giant", second game in a row going to last CCDR. Which is insane for how much is going on.
So, 3rd consecutive game of Attacking the Giant goes to last CCDR. All three defenders used very different setups. Calling it final as there is really nothing more for me to see or do here.

AAR excerpt:.....The SMK attacked toward the large bunker and was raked by machine guns
firing at infantry. Loud bangs rang througout the SMK as its thick armor shook off
nearly 20 AT round impacts. The SMK and other tanks brought their firepower to bear
on the bunkers, killing 2LT Saloranta, the Antitank Company Commander......

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Like I said, this is a must buy for me!

I am still waiting on any news of Peleliu.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
24 scenarios Final or near Final.
Progress on numerous others.
Have improved Chapter H, aircraft, etc
Slowly making progress on some of the articles, but lots of work to do here.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doing something similar to what was done in OtO. This is part of some of the scenario decision making I had to do.
There is a large fortified breaching scenario (like Funnel of Death). I have decided we will also have the scaled down version. This is roughly the Russian infantry company and 7 tanks that made it through and made the direct assault on the bunker.
So in this case for those that decide to delve into the full up combined arms breach (with minerollers, bridgelayers, heavy and uparmored tanks, FT tanks, etc) and fortified defense, it is there. For those that want the in your face last several hundred yards direct assault it will also be there.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After doing a scrub and analysis, and after some tough decisions, looks like this will be 38 or 39 scenarios.
There are a lot of actions cant believe I am leaving out. Could easily make this 50 high quality scenarios, but have to cut it off somewhere.
Of course, things could change as testing and development continues.

Typed this and realized there is an action I think that I have to include. Finns attacking to take some positions on an island with planes dogfighting overhead. Russian planes initially were strafing attackers then Finn FB came in. So lets go with a round number of 40...maybe:devilish:

PNMarkW2

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I know we're all waiting for you to take our money, so I appreciate a line in the snow so to speak, but if the 50 potential scenarios can be finished to BFP standards, why not? Is it just the time those extra scenarios would take? And are they lost forever, or is there an idea for a "Extras" pack of scenarios that missed getting into some previous product? I'm sure there were scenarios left on the cutting room floor for other BFP products.

Mark

Reactions: PTY

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know we're all waiting for you to take our money, so I appreciate a line in the snow so to speak, but if the 50 potential scenarios can be finished to BFP standards, why not? Is it just the time those extra scenarios would take? And are they lost forever, or is there an idea for a "Extras" pack of scenarios that missed getting into some previous product? I'm sure there were scenarios left on the cutting room floor for other BFP products.

Mark
🤣🤣🤣 We do have other projects that have to be completed at some point.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
yes, Peleliu :):)
And Piva Trail (Bougainville)
And Into The Rubble 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8! 🤞😂

Seriously though, after the Finn project, Recon By Fire 5 is what personally piques my interest most. Likely to be a good variety of scenarios, possibly including a DASL or two.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And Into The Rubble 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8! 🤞😂

Seriously though, after the Finn project, Recon By Fire 5 is what personally piques my interest most. Likely to be a good variety of scenarios, possibly including a DASL or two.
Reprinted Bounding Fire/HoB DASL boards and rubble/debris overlays?!?! Yes pls!

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scenario called Mutka Strikes Again using that board (BFP U). Nearly every game coming right down to the end. I played ftf twice. Lost as Russians when I needed a 7 or less in CC for the win😢 Won as Finns on last turn barely. HS with HMG broke the three adjacent squads that were coming in for the CC win. When testers ask to play it again it tends to indicate it is a pretty good scenario;)
With numerous scenarios going to the last DRs decided to call Mutka Strikes Again final. Could be a tourny favorite.
I think we are around 24 scenarios final.