Finn Project

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’m pretty sure it will be reprinted sooner or later, would be pleasantly surprised if it happened this year.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am finding out that a number of players simply wont play the Finns. My assumption is that most of the early stuff put out on the Finns were super elite 8-3-8s beating up on vodka filled 4-2-6s.
This will certainly be discussed when closer to final, but our project is much different. Many of the scenarios are based on first hand accounts with specific leaders, for both the Finns and Russians. The scenarios are more standard and leader focused. There are also a wide variety of types.

Over the years many players commented that Blood and Jungle got them to play the PTO. My hope is that our Finn project will do the same.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I am finding out that a number of players simply wont play the Finns. My assumption is that most of the early stuff put out on the Finns were super elite 8-3-8s beating up on vodka filled 4-2-6s.
This will certainly be discussed when closer to final, but our project is much different. Many of the scenarios are based on first hand accounts with specific leaders, for both the Finns and Russians. The scenarios are more standard and leader focused. There are also a wide variety of types.

Over the years many players commented that Blood and Jungle got them to play the PTO. My hope is that our Finn project will do the same.

Definitely looking forward to the BFP treatment, Chas!

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chas, will I need any of the boards from Onslaught to Orsha 2 to play these Finn scenarios?

Kurious Kev

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
20 scenarios are Final or Near Final. Lots of progress on scenarios in general so I would anticipate that number taking a jump in the next 2-3 months.
My efforts to keep things in check might be failing. Right now a total of 38 scenarios in the mix. And there is one I may have to still fit in somehow.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking forward to this. I playtested one scenario years ago at ASLOK.

Seems like this will do for the Finns what Blood and Jungle did for the Pacific!

Seth

Desicat

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
20 scenarios are Final or Near Final. Lots of progress on scenarios in general so I would anticipate that number taking a jump in the next 2-3 months.
My efforts to keep things in check might be failing. Right now a total of 38 scenarios in the mix. And there is one I may have to still fit in somehow.
Is there a Campaign Game as well?

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
Chas
Are all the scenarios from the 39-40 period ?
Thanks

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some great stuff. One of the fortified Mannerheim Line scenarios, "Attacking the Giant", second game in a row going to last CCDR. Which is insane for how much is going on.

A tourney style scenario also went right to the last DR.
Great progress!

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some great stuff. One of the fortified Mannerheim Line scenarios, "Attacking the Giant", second game in a row going to last CCDR. Which is insane for how much is going on.

A tourney style scenario also went right to the last DR.
Great progress!
Is that the scenario that takes place on the Don Petros board?

OOPS I HAVE SAID TOO MUCH!

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
One of the fortified Mannerheim Line scenarios, "Attacking the Giant", second game in a row going to last CCDR.
This is no coincidence with many BFP designs. Even more tantalizing is how many of the larger ones end up with 3-5 CC/Melees in the final CCPh; each one being significant for final building control/CVP count. ⚖

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is that the scenario that takes place on the Don Petros board?

OOPS I HAVE SAID TOO MUCH!
:LOL::LOL::LOL::eek:
Neither is on that board. Also with the Petros board I was able to resurrect a scenario that is off to a great start and could be a tourney favorite. Looks like the board will have at least 4-5 scenarios using it.

Last edited:

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Feeling good right now. Another report comes down to last two CCDR!! Finns needed to win one outright and did not.
"The Last Motti", tourney style, uses board 74.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Significant progress overall.
Several scenarios looking great with multiple games coming down to last CCDR, etc.
Also some scenarios not doing so well and back to the drawing board. The grind continues......

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:LOL::LOL::LOL::eek:
Neither is on that board. Also with the Petros board I was able to resurrect a scenario that is off to a great start and could be a tourney favorite. Looks like the board will have at least 4-5 scenarios using it.
Scenario called Mutka Strikes Again using that board (BFP U). Nearly every game coming right down to the end. I played ftf twice. Lost as Russians when I needed a 7 or less in CC for the win😢 Won as Finns on last turn barely. HS with HMG broke the three adjacent squads that were coming in for the CC win. When testers ask to play it again it tends to indicate it is a pretty good scenario;)